My new 1993 Cobra...beware 56k

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Im the idiot who bough mine 10 years ago in perfect stock condition and then modified it. The Cobra for me is just my 3rd car to get out on the open road once in a while. I get comments everytime I take the car out and the blower whine does turn heads!

Why are there pages of you guys "balancing" out a car account? The way I see it is you own your possessions.. or do they own you? One would think that an individual would have other areas in life dedicated to bringing in a solid source of income. If cars is your hobby, this is your escape. This is your time to do what YOU want and makes you happy. Once again ask yourself.. do your possessions own you??

Q) Why did I not buy a GT or LX 10 years ago and mod that?
A) Because they suck.. and cars that are not black suck too. We all can critique each others cars and find something about each one that we dont like. We 93 owners are a rare breed lets stick together, not divide ourselfs with the stupid ass resto - mod argument.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I vote MOD the shit out of it.... anything can be restored to original... its not like its some virgin low mileage cobra that has been tucked away for safe keeping. Someone already used the car as a car. Enjoy it while you can & do with it what you please.

I see muscle cars from the 60's that are built out of nothing but replacement sheetmetal and a vin# with the correct engine code that makes it valueable.... especially northern cars that were driven in the salt for years and then left in the pasture to rust away.

Now if you bought a super low mileage garage queen and started hacking it up.... then I might have to reach threw the monitor and smack the crap out of you. The cars that have truly "survived" for 16 years should be left alone.... but those that were already used &/or abused are free game.

SVT-5.4L

Established Member
No matter what people may say, You stole that Cobra. And whats with all this anitmodding stuff floating around??

Make it nice, Put a cam and some other goodies and be done with it. For 1500, you cant go wrong!

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
I vote MOD the shit out of it.... anything can be restored to original... its not like its some virgin low mileage cobra that has been tucked away for safe keeping. Someone already used the car as a car. Enjoy it while you can & do with it what you please.

I see muscle cars from the 60's that are built out of nothing but replacement sheetmetal and a vin# with the correct engine code that makes it valueable.... especially northern cars that were driven in the salt for years and then left in the pasture to rust away.

Now if you bought a super low mileage garage queen and started hacking it up.... then I might have to reach threw the monitor and smack the crap out of you. The cars that have truly "survived" for 16 years should be left alone.... but those that were already used &/or abused are free game.
I remember when we had a similar discussion about 5 years ago or so..
ANyhow, you were one of the few who inspired me to mod my snake. You and that dude that used to be here with the sick teal with a 2" cowl hood and NOS and AFR headed 306 IIRC. So heres to you bud, 10 years of fun and hopefully 10 more to come!! :beer:

kcp203

Established Member
I say you should do whatever you want with the car, and spend what you want to spend.

Aside from a professional restorer, I don't know anyone who can say that a project car is a good investment. It only makes sense if you value the "intangibles" that come with doing the project and enjoying the car in the end. There are a lot worse ways to spend your money that leave you with nothing to show for it.

Gecko86

Established Member
I remember when we had a similar discussion about 5 years ago or so..
ANyhow, you were one of the few who inspired me to mod my snake. You and that dude that used to be here with the sick teal with a 2" cowl hood and NOS and AFR headed 306 IIRC. So heres to you bud, 10 years of fun and hopefully 10 more to come!! :beer:

10 years later people are saying the samething," What an Idiot"!:loser:

Stinger99

Established Member
brianz426
jealous, I agree.

for what thou i have now idea, they have cobra's them self, and in way better condition.

RydeOn
x2

cobra186
If this was a low mile car, and i was to mod, I would deserve to be smaked around:p

SVT-5.4L
The modding will begain as soon as the body and paint is taken care of.

kcp203
As far as restoring this thing. Maybe i use the "RESTORE" word a little to loose. When i say Restore I Mean getting it back to showroom and then enjoying it.

Yes there were only x amount produced but i bought this car to "RESTORE" And DRIVE it.

One more thing, If you look hard enough, you find. To replace fender, sodablast, bodywork, prep and paint (door jams & Engine bay).........$3,950
with materials

I seen his work, Perfect.

I am also thinking about shaving the engine bay....and thoughts or pics of a cobra with a shaved bay?

kbillan

Established Member
Absolutely Jealous.. Me anyway. I want a red project car... best i have seen is a roller for 2500.00... id rather have a matching engine, if not whole drivetrain...

Your car is ideal for me.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Actually to be perfectly honest, you are the very first one to tell me this. Thanks for throwing that out though..

:sleeping:

buddha93

Established Member
As for me, I'm one of the idiots who bought it new for $21,000 and paid registration and insurance for the last 16 years. ;)

I don't think your an idiot, I'm just curious though. Have you been driving it, or is it a ultra-low milage example?

kcp203

Established Member
Not ultra low. Just passed 27K last week. The first 15K were put on the first 2 years though, when it was my (almost) daily driver. In good weather at least.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member

:bs:

IMHO the guys that take the cars and stash them away never to enjoy them are the idiots. Even the car show freaks that love to wipe on their cars more than drive them get enjoyment of ownership even though its not my way.

I get alot more enjoyment out of my 38k mile 93R than I do my 1900 mile garage queen 93R. Yes its kinda cool to open the garage door and see the low mile R sitting there but that last about 5 seconds. Then I go jump in my high mileage 93R and take it for a long cruise, go to the drag races & beat on it a while, then go out on the backroads & pound it around corners for a while. Then cruise it over to the local hangouts at night. That is the fun of ownership.... watching a garage queen get dusty is no fun.

My high mile 93R has some small bolt ons, but one of these days I am going to finish up a S/C 331 H/C/I combo and go have some real fun with it. My '00R is heavily modded already and is a blast to street drive, drag race and open track.

I take care of my cars, mod them tastefully & carefully, and enjoy driving the crap out of them. :burnout: :dancenana:

buddha93

Established Member
Not ultra low. Just passed 27K last week. The first 15K were put on the first 2 years though, when it was my (almost) daily driver. In good weather at least.

Nice. That's cool you've still got it all these years.:thumbsup:

:bs:

My high mile 93R has some small bolt ons, but one of these days I am going to finish up a S/C 331 H/C/I combo and go have some real fun with it.

I guess when you've got a 1900 mile example in the wings, 38k is high mileage, eh?:-D

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
brianz426 said:
Stinger, That is a great price for a great car. Enjoy it and don't worry about all the negative comments, I think some of these people are jealous.

kbillan said:
Absolutely Jealous. Me anyway. I want a red project car... best i have seen is a roller for 2500.00... id rather have a matching engine, if not whole drivetrain...

Your car is ideal for me. .

Ahh, now we get to the root of pages of rants/humor. KB is just working you over to get what he wants, your car! Have a good weekend fellas :D & good comments cobra186, you keeps us humble on here.

Users who are viewing this thread