My new 07 F150 Lariat SCrew. 2000 miles now, and loving it...

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I sold my Terminator at the end of July, and bought this truck. I like the truck more and more everyday. I am amazed at how well it rides, not truck-like at all, even though it is 4x4. It rides a lot different than the 01 F150 SCrew I used to drive for work.

I plan on doing a tune, CAI, electric fans, and an exhaust, but that is about it, performance-wise. I am not looking to make this thing fast. I will get another performance car in the next 12 to 18 months to cover that need :coolman:

I am going to replace the steps with black 4" nerf bars, add a black bull-bar, and replace the grill surround with an oxford white one. I am going to either paint my honeycomb grill black, or get an FX2 grill and paint it black. I am going to swap out the chrome bumpers for oxford white, as well. I like the black trim theme on the Oxford White exterior.

So, give me some recommendations, as far as CAI's are conccerned. I have the exahaust covered. I am doing a custom true dual exhaust with a Pro-chamber, High-flow cats, and the Borla mufflers from the 14858 Cobra CB.

This the the truck:

IMG_2928.jpg

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2932.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

IMG_2934.jpg

IMG_2935.jpg

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
Not really,
I get a combined 15.1 in my 06 Lariat Extended Cab Lariat. Thats Grannying it too.

15mpg is not good, but from a vehicle as large as the 150 with 4x4 and no cyl deactivation, its pretty good.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
WVUAnt said:
Not really,
I get a combined 15.1 in my 06 Lariat Extended Cab Lariat. Thats Grannying it too.

15mpg is not good, but from a vehicle as large as the 150 with 4x4 and no cyl deactivation, its pretty good.

+1

I have had 18mpg @ 75mph on a highway trip. Not bad, at all, for a 6000lbs vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread