My MMR 4.6 Street Mod 800 has arrived...

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
My MMR 4.6 Street Mod 800 Shortblock arrived at DYNOSPEED Racing the other day and DYNOSPEED came and picked up my car to do the install. I basically spun a bearing on my stock block and so I ordered the MMR with a 9.5:1 CR to go with my Vortech and Paxton Intercooler. I'll try to get some pics of it going in and the finished product when it's all done plus an opinion write up of my impression of the MMR shortblock. I think it'll be great even though I know some others here disagree. All I can say is that it better because this is my third engine but my first MMR anything. I'll keep you posted.

mustangsel

Established Member
Good luck man. Can't wait to see pics and hear how you like it. You know I have to ask, how much did that run you? lol

elcobrita

Established Member
It seems that MMR's stuff isn't bad. It's the customer service that sucks.

tell me about it!! i called to ask about their trannies and the guy was pissed off, like i had just interrupted him having a 3some or something

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
Total of shortblock with ARP Mainstuds, MMR Sidebolts and the Melling Billet Gear Oil Pump plus shipping was $3632.00. Just the shortblock shipped without the Oil Pump would've been right at $3200.00 (with the ARP studs and MMR sidebolts).

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
tell me about it!! i called to ask about their trannies and the guy was pissed off, like i had just interrupted him having a 3some or something

Almost everytime I called I spoke with Phil. He was always cool with me. The only complaint I have, and it's really not that big of a deal, is that when I ordered it I was told it would be ready in 3 to 4 weeks but it actually took 7. No big deal cause I know these guys get busy but that's the only thing I can think of as far as any kind of negative.

elcobrita

Established Member
Total of shortblock with ARP Mainstuds, MMR Sidebolts and the Melling Billet Gear Oil Pump plus shipping was $3632.00. Just the shortblock shipped without the Oil Pump would've been right at $3200.00 (with the ARP studs and MMR sidebolts).

thats not bad, what block did they give you, would it be cheaper if you send them your block?

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member

Thats with their iron block and cobra crank right? I don't think you can beat their prices anywhere for a mail order shortblock. I may end up going with their stroker 950, but I am going to send them my block and crank no matter what one I go with.

elcobrita

Established Member
Thats with their iron block and cobra crank right? I don't think you can beat their prices anywhere for a mail order shortblock. I may end up going with their stroker 950, but I am going to send them my block and crank no matter what one I go with.

i think it might be more expensive that way, i know its more over at modular performance if i send them my block than if they give me a 03-04 iron block.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Not according to MP's website. I called MMR about that once, I think it was like $300 cheaper. All the prep work cancels out about half the cost of the block. Alot of the price difference with MMR is little add ons that others use standard. Things like ARP 2000 rod bolts instead of the standard ones, studs, gaskets ect. Not knocking them because alot of builds don't need the super high quality stuff. If you add them in, they are priced about the same as everyone else. I think it is smart business for them actually.

Last edited:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I know MMR is a bit cheaper with your block and crank. MP lists some of their builds as requiring your block/crank. It just really irritates me that to keep the aluminum block it runs you about 700-1000 more for a new block when compared to the identical build, but using the iron block.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
It seems that MMR's stuff isn't bad. It's the customer service that sucks.

I have to disagree. They were glad to answer any questions and keep me posted on the build as my motor was being assembled. Though I dealt with Chris (who I believe is not there anymore) and this was at the end of 2007.

My MMR Street Mod 900 costed me $4,800 shipped which included every add on except windage tray and teflon coated pistons. Have just shy of 10k miles on her now and run 18 lbs of boost through it and it's a daily driver. I think MMR makes a great product. Keep us all posted on the build!

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
This is what I got:

*Brand New Cast Iron 2004 Cobra Block, torque plate bored and honed

*New 4340 Forged 3.543 stroke Cobra Crankshaft w/micro polished journals at no extra charge

*New 4340 5.933 MMR 800HP H-beam Rods w/ARP rod bolts ( These rods are shotpeened, magnafluxed and weight matched to bring you the finest H-beam rod available for your 4.6)

*New Forged Manley pistons (High or low compression)

*Speed Pro file fit rings (precision file fit to your application, nitrous, blower, turbo or N/A)

* Clevite tri-metal Rod and ACL Performance Main bearings

*Complete Pro Assembly and Balancing for the smoothest, highest revving shortblock available, Pre-Lubricated with Royal Purple Assembly Lube and spin tested. Lastly 3 technicians sign off on your new engine prior to packaging and crating.

And then I added on the ARP Mainstuds, MMR Sidebolts and Melling Billet Gear Oil Pump.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
nice man, bet you can't wait to get it together! i have an MMR 900 shortblock(w/ aluminum block) in mine. has about 1500 miles on the motor, and all but the first 600 have seen a lot of boost! holding up great so far!!!

MMR's cs has always been great with me. even the new guy Phil has been doing well so far. i will say though, one time i must have caught Mark on a bad day and i was so mad i wanted to send my shortblock back. he did apologize the next day though...

my main piece of advice is check the cam timing like 12 times, and then check it again before you drop it all in. otherwise torque will suffer and you'll be taking it all back out(much like my situation) :(. just so it's known though i didn't do the cam timing myself...

Last edited:

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
Hus what's your plans for heads, cams and power adder?

I want a short block now. Its not fair. LOL

My setup is as follows:

THE NEW STUFF:

The MMR Mod 800 Shortblock with 9.5:1 CR
Melling Billet Gear Oil Pump
The stock heads will be ported and polished
The cams will remain stock

THE STUFF I ALREADY HAD:
(Also keep in mind that my block that just blew had Mahle Forged Dishtop Piston with 9:1 CR)

SCT X3
Vortech V-2E
Vortech 2.87 Pulley
Paxton Intercooler
SCT 2600 MAF
42lb injectors
Aviator Fuel Pump
Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
BBK Longtube Headers
BBK H-Pipe
Flowmaster Mufflers
SLP Exit Pipes
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Spec Stage 2 Clutch
Spec Steel Flywheel
Eibach Springs

DSCF0266.jpg

DSCF0271.jpg

[ame=http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z219/dtfagent907/?action=view&current=DSCF0277.flv]DSCF0277.flv video by dtfagent907 - Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
looks good, I will swing by tomorrow and check your car out. Next time your up here to see your car PM I'll swing by and say whats up, it's always nice meeting people from the board.

Users who are viewing this thread