My Marine Son wants a Fiesta ST!

ArabianOak

Established Member
Ok Gang,

As some of you have noticed/followed I bought my son a v6 performance package mustang back in March. Car is exceptionally clean with great options and low miles (PP, MCA, Recaros).

His biggest gripe now is he wants something that handles better and he wants stick shift. He also wants more power (big surprise). Our initial thoughts were to get him headers/tb and tune when he comes home on leave in 2 weeks but then....

BUT THEN his good friend let him drive his new Fiesta ST and now my son is in love with a Fiesta ST! HAHAHAHA! I told him that seems like a downgrade to me BUT to each their own and as long as we could get whatever he owes on is v6 I could care less what he is driving as long as HE is paying for it.

So yesterday he sends me a link to one that is literally a block away from where I live. At the same dealer I have bought many of my mustangs from over the years. It's a 2019 that has only 2000 miles on it and was just traded in. Warranty started in May so he has the rest of the 3/36 and 5/60 from ford.

I told him I would go over there and drive it and see what I thought...

Drumroll....and now I even like the Fiesta ST! WTF!!!! I'm literally laughing as I type this.

This dam midget car was a real hoot to drive....super light weight, great power and yes it had decent room considering it looked like I couldn't initially get inside the car. Decent interior albeit a little chinsy but it is a fiesta!

So now we are moments away from striking a deal on this car. The dealer will take 17K, give us exactly what he owes on his (11500) and he can finance this thing for 84 months. So his payment will actually go down slightly. I am assuming his insurance will go down as well.

Can anyone give me their thoughts on the Fiesta ST? How are they? Reliable? Do the transmissions hold up? Clutch?

I'll be honest, I would have killed for a car like that when I was his age. Manual trans,4 doors, good power and handles great!

Mod potential??? Looks like Cobb offers a stage 1 tune that comes with BOV and filter...adds about 30-40hp?

Here is a link to the car.

2019 Ford Fiesta for sale in Joliet - 3FADP4GX2KM115714 - Hawk Chevrolet of Joliet

blk02edge

Established Member
Does it even matter? He obviously has your tendencies so im sure itll get traded in too within the year.

That said, the ST twins are probably the best DD cars ever made

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The Fist is a great little car. I had my 14 for 4 years and put almost 100k on the car. Never gave me any issue's. Mpg were good avg 32/33. Lots of mods for those cars. Doing a intercooler and tune with a drop in filter give you the best gains.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
My girl drove one, fell in love with it, got back to the dealer, and a sad look came over her.

I said what’s the matter, I thought you loved it ? Said it was a little go cart ?

She said yes, it is, and I can see myself getting into a lot of trouble with it.

We ended up getting her an escape, and now a Lincoln MKC.

ferfont1

Established Member
Drive one and it will change your mind.....just get past it being a fiesta! lol
Great handling little car, i'd rather have a maxed out turbo 4banger that handles awesome than a base mustang, just my .02

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Drive one and it will change your mind.....just get past it being a fiesta! lol
Great handling little car, i'd rather have a maxed out turbo 4banger that handles awesome than a base mustang, just my .02

Tires convinced me. I can buy a full set of tires on a FiST for the cost of one good Mustang tire.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Those are a pain in the butt to do. The front doors have to be removed in order to take the dash out. I would love to have one as a DD, whenever the Camry craps out on me.
Um, no. Pretty easy to replace without much disassembly at all. The idiots at Ford told me that they would have to remove the dash, which I knew was crap. Visit Ford Fiesta ST forums - a wealth of info awaits.

Users who are viewing this thread