My M6 NA '11 3.7 Mustang runs 12.78 @ 109+ MPH 1/4 mile

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
My son (FoolnYa) and I made the 4 hour trip down to Fayetteville, NC yesterday to run our bolt on 3.7 Mustangs in the 1/4 mile.

We both were able to get new PB even though the track prep wasn't great and with temps in the low 80's the DA wasn't ideal at around 1,600-1,900 feet above sea level.

My previous best was a 12.91 @ 106.49 and I was able to run 12.78 @ 109+ MPH on four different runs along with a 12.80 @ 109+. My best was a 12.78 @ 109.86 MPH!!

His previous best was a 13.30 @ 102+ and he was able to run a 13.16 @ 104+

Here is the video. My car is the Race Red car and his is the Black one.

'11 & '12 3.7l v6 Mustangs-1/4mile runs - YouTube

Thanks for watching!! :beer:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I like it! Whats the best 60 ft time?

Thanks!! :beer:

My best with the car is a 1.72 and that was with just a set of J&M LCA's and the rest stock suspension.

The best yesterday was a 1.75. I have added a UPR UCA and mount and was hoping for some solid 1.6's, but the track prep wasn't that great.

Oceanside78

Established Member
Man, me and my buddies were out there cheering y'all on!! I was in the black Harley truck makin a few terrible passes, I was really impressed by your cars!! You should put this up on HPJ

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Man, me and my buddies were out there cheering y'all on!! I was in the black Harley truck makin a few terrible passes, I was really impressed by your cars!! You should put this up on HPJ

Thanks for the support!! :beer:

I remember hearing your truck go up the track. I'm a member on HPJ. I will see about posting something this evening after work!!

Oceanside78

Established Member
Oh yeah? Is it loud? I've never heard it on the outside. I remember walking past your cars after seeing them make a pass and told my buddy "dude, these V6's are giving V8's a hell of a hard time" it was cool seeing that. Way to be different from the crowd!!

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Oh yeah? Is it loud? I've never heard it on the outside. I remember walking past your cars after seeing them make a pass and told my buddy "dude, these V6's are giving V8's a hell of a hard time" it was cool seeing that. Way to be different from the crowd!!

Thanks! I could hear the Eaton on your truck, it sounded good! My son and I have had a good time with our 3.7 Mustangs.

Oceanside78

Established Member
Thanks man. How fast you think you'll get those V6s at N/A? I'm sure you'll be faster too, the track didn't hook too well and the air sucked

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Thanks man. How fast you think you'll get those V6s at N/A? I'm sure you'll be faster too, the track didn't hook too well and the air sucked

Your HD sounded good going up the track! Couldn't hear the exhaust so much, depending on what you were running against, but that eaton sure was screaming!

Thanks for the compliments by the way! I'm thinking dad's car has 12.6's in it on a day with better DA. A lot of guys have gotten, imo, a little overconfident with their expectations after seeing dad's runs. Some guys seem to think 11's are possible n/a, but I don't see that being a reality, not with just ported oem parts. And right now there is no development for heads/cams as far as I know.

Realistically I think with ported heads, full suspension, and some weight reduction 12.4-12.5's are possible. :banana:

Oceanside78

Established Member
Your HD sounded good going up the track! Couldn't hear the exhaust so much, depending on what you were running against, but that eaton sure was screaming!

Thanks for the compliments by the way! I'm thinking dad's car has 12.6's in it on a day with better DA. A lot of guys have gotten, imo, a little overconfident with their expectations after seeing dad's runs. Some guys seem to think 11's are possible n/a, but I don't see that being a reality, not with just ported oem parts. And right now there is no development for heads/cams as far as I know.

Realistically I think with ported heads, full suspension, and some weight reduction 12.4-12.5's are possible. :banana:

Thanks man. I'm thinking my blower might either be ported or have the silencer holes filled. When I got it had a lightning upper and snout and now since so many people say its loud I'm wondering if its had the holes filled too. Exhaust is "mild" it's Basanni catted mid, Basanni cat back and stock manifolds. I'm going to step that up soon.

I think you guys are trail blazers man. If you guys keep doing what your doing I'm sure the aftermarket will see that and start adding support.

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
Sweet! That is as fast as my Boss with the street tires!!!!

Great JOB!

You are ~400 WHP?

Love the 3.7's!

Mike

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member

You're welcome!! :beer:

I'm hoping for 12.6's and my son's car should be able to hit the 12.9's in good weather and better track prep.

thats friggin awesome

I agree with that assessment!! :beer:

Thanks man. I'm thinking my blower might either be ported or have the silencer holes filled. When I got it had a lightning upper and snout and now since so many people say its loud I'm wondering if its had the holes filled too. Exhaust is "mild" it's Basanni catted mid, Basanni cat back and stock manifolds. I'm going to step that up soon.

I think you guys are trail blazers man. If you guys keep doing what your doing I'm sure the aftermarket will see that and start adding support.

Thanks again!! :beer:

Sweet! That is as fast as my Boss with the street tires!!!!

Great JOB!

You are ~400 WHP

Love the 3.7's!

Mike

My car dynoed 305 RWHP and 280 RWTQ (STD) on a dynojet.

Users who are viewing this thread