My last Mystichrome...I definitely won't sell this one.

HPLouis

Established Member
Some states are cracking down on that hard due to tax evasion. NY is a greedy state, I can't imagine they're blind to it.

OP you should consider taking your car down to Kevin Hand @ Wicked Motorsports for a tri-state friendly retune. Kevin was a long time member of the forum, he did a dyno tune on a friends Marauder which was in the same situation as your cobra, that car was able to pass NJ and NY inspection.
Thanks. I'm going to reach out.

C2tuck

Established Member
They'd catch me. One of the new initiatives around NYC is out of state plates. They think you're either trying to commit crimes, avoid taxes or NYC insurance requirements, etc. I'm not sure if I'd have to change my driver's license too but if I got pulled over and showed a NY license, there would be problems too.

So…if you live in NY, but have a vacation home in Montana, you couldn’t register your car in Montana? That’s pretty much how they set it up. You don’t have to change your DL either.

HPLouis

Established Member
So…if you live in NY, but have a vacation home in Montana, you couldn’t register your car in Montana? That’s pretty much how they set it up. You don’t have to change your DL either.
You're right. I did some more asking around and this can work.....with only a P.O Box I can get online. Thanks.

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
Think twice before registering out of state. I have a client who lives in NY with a second home in Floridia, where it was insured. The car was totaled and insurance denied overage based on fraud because the car was kept and maintained in New York.

New York DMV and law enforcement is also cracking down, spurred on I am told due to all of the fake temporary out of state plates being used.

HPLouis

Established Member
Think twice before registering out of state. I have a client who lives in NY with a second home in Floridia, where it was insured. The car was totaled and insurance denied overage based on fraud because the car was kept and maintained in New York.

New York DMV and law enforcement is also cracking down, spurred on I am told due to all of the fake temporary out of state plates being used.

I read this post and called a cop friend of mine and he said the same thing you’re saying. I have to make sure to update the garaged part of the insurance (but that might lead to questions and issues with them) and, if cops pull me over, especially with tints and long tubes, I’ll have another set of issues.

Also, I got my plates today
IMG_3314.JPG

I really want to use these so I have to figure out a way to get this car to pass inspection in NY.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HPLouis

Established Member
HOLY S#!T!!! It passed inspection!?!?! I took it to the station and they hooked it up to the machine and the machine passed it and gave me a sticker with no voodoo, hook up or any other craziness. Whatever Greg at RET did, he made it so the tune will pass inspection. Thank God!!!

HPLouis

Established Member
It's been a year and I just took her out of storage. She's got 5500 miles now and I still love the car. I had a 30 min drive and stopped to take a video that I could watch while sitting at my desk.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What a beautiful Mystichrome. I'd be hard pressed not to drive it every Saturday during the Spring, Summer and Fall, unless it rains. Gorgeous. Couple of questions. It that whistle I hear from the belt? I see that your Signature says you have a Gatorback belt. That would explain it. I used to have one on my old '03 Cobra. I love the Sparco custom racing seats with "Mystichrome" inserts. Do you have the original seats?

Do you take it to many local car shows? I know I would. LOL. Maybe THE best looking Mystichrome Cobra I've ever seen. Wow!

HPLouis

Established Member
What a beautiful Mystichrome. I'd be hard pressed not to drive it every Saturday during the Spring, Summer and Fall, unless it rains. Gorgeous. Couple of questions. It that whistle I hear from the belt? I see that your Signature says you have a Gatorback belt. That would explain it. I used to have one on my old '03 Cobra. I love the Sparco custom racing seats with "Mystichrome" inserts. Do you have the original seats?

Do you take it to many local car shows? I know I would. LOL. Maybe THE best looking Mystichrome Cobra I've ever seen. Wow!
Hi,
I love to drive it when the weather is nice. I drive it around the neighborhood and the neighbors know the car from seeing it just drive around. The whistle is from the port job. I thought it was the belt too but I read that porting the blower makes it louder. I don't have the original seats. I'm patiently waiting to snag a set. Someone in Long Island had a nice set for $2,000 and I missed out.

I'm gonna start taking it to shows this summer. I finally found a Facebook group out in Long Island and I found a group in Brooklyn that does shows and Car's and Coffee, etc. so I'm finally gonna start getting out the house.

HPLouis

Established Member
I am on Long Island and can't wait to see your car. What is the name of the LI Cobra group on face book?
Hi,
They're not Cobra groups, they're just car meet groups but someone with a Shelby said he sees a lot of Mustangs there

Users who are viewing this thread