My last Mystichrome...I definitely won't sell this one.

HPLouis

Established Member
Where did your ~12k mile stock MC terminator go?

Someone from New Jersey reached out to me on my IG page and made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. I immediately sold it before he changed his mind. Then this car showed up for sale about a week later for about the same price I sold my other one for so I had to have this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is the absolute nicest and cleanest Mystichrome Cobra I've ever seen. The attention to detail by the P.O. is amazing. Power-coated IRS? Wow! Speaking of the P.O., I'm not familiar with his SVTP screen name nor have I ever seen this Cobra before.

If the harness won't pass NY inspection, are you going to return it to a stock setup?

I'm sure you're going to enjoy your "new" Mystichrome. You got one fine car there. RARE find for sure. Be CAREFUL driving it in and around NYC!

HPLouis

Established Member
FRONT SUSPENSION.jpg

I agree with you Bob. The attention to detail is amazing. I’m looking at brackets, spindles, shields, etc under the car that’s been powdercoated. Bolts and nuts are chromed. It’s clean throughout. He told me he hates rust so he made sure to try and coat anything that can rust.

I’m not going to change the configuration. Hopefully I can convince someone to let me pass

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HPLouis

Established Member
IMG_3020.JPG

It’s crazy. The timing cover is ceramic coated. So is the coolant crossover tube. The tensioner is powdercoated. I even saw the underside of the engine was painted. I asked him and he said he hand painted it for corrosion resistance.

HPLouis

Established Member
That is the absolute nicest and cleanest Mystichrome Cobra I've ever seen. The attention to detail by the P.O. is amazing. Power-coated IRS? Wow! Speaking of the P.O., I'm not familiar with his SVTP screen name nor have I ever seen this Cobra before.

If the harness won't pass NY inspection, are you going to return it to a stock setup?

I'm sure you're going to enjoy your "new" Mystichrome. You got one fine car there. RARE find for sure. Be CAREFUL driving it in and around NYC!
I have a much bigger problem when it comes to inspection. The car has no EGR and the rear O2's are off. Even though the monitors are off and there's no check engine light, the Emissions Station computer will know how many monitors the car has and see they're off and fail the car. Also, the exhaust is not factory so it'll fail with that too.

I am going to title and register the car next week. I'll get my plates and then I have 10 days to get inspection. I'm not even going to try. The car sits in my garage so I'm not worried about parking tickets. I'm just going to drive it. When I'll run into a problem is 2 years from now. I can't renew my registration without an inspection.

I'm hoping to find a place that'll pass me in those 2 years. If not, then I'll just keep the car unregistered from 2024 to 2029. I'll keep it in my garage and take little trips close to home to keep the fluids circulated. Then, in 2029, the car will hit 25 years old and it'll be exempt from inspection and I can register it again.

HPLouis

Established Member
This is a dream to buy a car like this from a po owner like this. Wow...just wow.
It really is. He didn't want to sell but after reading his posts on here and FB, and seeing the work and passion he put into this car, I had to have it. I eventually just went big and offered him a price he couldn't refuse and he took it. I'm very, very happy and it was well worth it. I find something new everyday and I've just been amazed at what he's done and put into this car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a much bigger problem when it comes to inspection. The car has no EGR and the rear O2's are off. Even though the monitors are off and there's no check engine light, the Emissions Station computer will know how many monitors the car has and see they're off and fail the car. Also, the exhaust is not factory so it'll fail with that too.

I am going to title and register the car next week. I'll get my plates and then I have 10 days to get inspection. I'm not even going to try. The car sits in my garage so I'm not worried about parking tickets. I'm just going to drive it. When I'll run into a problem is 2 years from now. I can't renew my registration without an inspection.

I'm hoping to find a place that'll pass me in those 2 years. If not, then I'll just keep the car unregistered from 2024 to 2029. I'll keep it in my garage and take little trips close to home to keep the fluids circulated. Then, in 2029, the car will hit 25 years old and it'll be exempt from inspection and I can register it again.
Yep, you've got bigger problems. But it is going to really suck to not be able to drive it more than little trips close to home until 2029. I don't think I could do it if I owned that Cobra.

Can you insure an unregistered car in NY?

HPLouis

Established Member
Yep, you've got bigger problems. But it is going to really suck to not be able to drive it more than little trips close to home until 2029. I don't think I could do it if I owned that Cobra.

Can you insure an unregistered car in NY?

Yeah, they’ll let me insure the car, they just won’t let me renew registration. I can keep the plates on the car as long as I have insurance, even with expired registration. I just have to be careful not to get caught by police and have the car impounded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HPLouis

Established Member
SEAT.JPG

From what I read, it looks like the seat belts and cage will not cause a failure on inspection. It’s just the EGR delete. The tints and exhaust decibel can be an issue but that can be dealt with. The PO have me the EGR in a box so, if worse comes to worse, I can just add it back and get a retune. He also gave me the elements for the cats so I can add that back too, if needed. We’ll see how it goes.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hope it all works out well for you in the end. That is one fine Mystichrome! I'm astounded every time I look at the photos.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I just realized where you’re from. I had mustang magic in deer park do my car and I was very satisfied

Users who are viewing this thread