My last Mystichrome...I definitely won't sell this one.

HPLouis

Established Member
I am amazed at the attention to detail that the prior owner has:

He ceramic coated the whole exhaust and taped off just to spray the subframes and used bedliner :
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4b3.jpg

He powdercoated the IRS
IRS.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
@HPLouis …. You’re a better dude that I. I couldn’t bear myself to drive that. Beautiful all the way around. I am happy for ya.

HPLouis

Established Member
@HPLouis …. You’re a better dude that I. I couldn’t bear myself to drive that. Beautiful all the way around. I am happy for ya.

It’s getting harder the more I dig into it. The prior owner did everything to this car in his own garage.

38268980030_large.jpg

And it’s very, very clean. I’m all under the car with flashlights and can’t find a damn thing wrong

HPLouis

Established Member
I remember the for sale ad on this car.

Im sure the purists are having a fit, I think its a hell of a find.

Drive it!!!

I plan to. I’ve never driven a full MM car before. I had a 95 Cobra with the Road and Track Box and I loved it so I could only imagine how this will feel. I can’t wait to see how it drives.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
1. Take the pool noodles off the cage.
2. The sub belt's position would literally kill you haha If anything run it between the seat bottom and back.
3. Probably the cleanest ones out there. Why did the seller sell it?

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
It’s getting harder the more I dig into it. The prior owner did everything to this car in his own garage.

View attachment 1746647

And it’s very, very clean. I’m all under the car with flashlights and can’t find a damn thing wrong

Did PO really leaving some of the suspension in still in its shipping bubble wrap?

HPLouis

Established Member
1. Take the pool noodles off the cage.
2. The sub belt's position would literally kill you haha If anything run it between the seat bottom and back.
3. Probably the cleanest ones out there. Why did the seller sell it?
Thanks for bringing that up. Someone on IG told me the same thing. The position of the belts are dangerous. I've never used a harness before so I'm looking for instructions on how to use them.

I'm hoping they can pass NYS inspection.

He tried to sell it here back in 2014 and was talked out of it. He said he didn't drive it much and really didn't want to sell it. I kept pushing and didn't want to let it go. I finally made him a crazy cash offer that he couldn't refuse and he then trailered down to NY. I had to have this car. I've been here for years and all the mods he has (True Forged, MM, FTBR, etc.) are high quality and what impressed me is that he did all the work. Seeing his attention to detail and meticulousness made me want to have this car.

HPLouis

Established Member
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_23e.jpg

The one thing I liked about the PO being a member here is that he was active and I was able to see the history of the car through his posts and pictures. It really helped make the sale for me. He posted pics, answered questions and spoke about the car and shared his experiences. I knew all about the car I was buying because of SVT Performance.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
ANY cage on the street is super dangerous without a proper harnesses AND a helmet. No standard seat belt is going to hold you in that seat. Ask me how I know...
Honestly, I'd keep the padding on the main hoop.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
View attachment 1746660

The one thing I liked about the PO being a member here is that he was active and I was able to see the history of the car through his posts and pictures. It really helped make the sale for me. He posted pics, answered questions and spoke about the car and shared his experiences. I knew all about the car I was buying because of SVT Performance.

I wouldn't use them on the street...

Basically harnesses keep you against the seat back. They will not let you hit the airbags. In a racecar, with no airbags, you don't want to hit the steering wheel, but a HAANS device is needed to keep your neck from snapping.

Harnesses in street cars are just for looks.

ANY cage on the street is super dangerous without a proper harnesses AND a helmet. No standard seat belt is going to hold you in that seat. Ask me how I know...
Honestly, I'd keep the padding on the main hoop.

Agreed.

The padding won't save you from anything... it would be too soft.

HPLouis

Established Member
I wouldn't use them on the street...

Basically harnesses keep you against the seat back. They will not let you hit the airbags. In a racecar, with no airbags, you don't want to hit the steering wheel, but a HAANS device is needed to keep your neck from snapping.

Harnesses in street cars are just for looks.

Agreed.

The padding won't save you from anything... it would be too soft.

Knowing this, it probably won't pass the NYS Vehicle Safety/Emissions yearly inspection.

Users who are viewing this thread