My GT40 Build

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Just got notice that it will clear final inspection (or should) this week.

More pictures coming after that.

I will be in Vegas next week so I may be behind getting the pictures up.

E

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
If you are too tall for a GT40 just put a "Gurney bubble" on it. He was 6' 4" when he won in 1967.
The Gurney Bubble and Gurney's Bubbly - The Truth About Cars
eda0aa08dbfccc2c3add6be1471f6204.jpg

Sent from my Note9

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Absolutely beautiful paint work. The interior is stunning too. Cant imagine the craftsmanship that goes into something like a Superformance GT40 or Cobra build.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
While I was in Vegas this weekend, I received the email that the car has passed all inspections and ready for shipment.

Pics
GT40 P2393 (1).jpg

GT40 P2393 (2).jpg

GT40 P2393 (3).jpg

GT40 P2393 (5).jpg

GT40 P2393 (6).jpg

The engine should be started on shortly and I am expecting more pics on that.

The shipping time is about 3 weeks (overall). I am trying to get my schedule worked out so I can go see them pull the car out of the shipping container.

E

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Bronco fan?

just kidding.

Beautiful car.

Thanks!
My car is a "loose" nod to car 1049

11-Saturday-0006-1-X3 1049.jpg
So I prefer the "waterfall" front hood as apposed to the original (shown above) hood.
I went with 10" wide rims in the rear in lieu of the 13" as on 1049. I would have loved the wider tires on the rear, but appropriate tires that are DOT rated AND match front and rear was non-existent.
I have a Gurney bubble, Thanks Dan Gurney!
My car will not have those funky lights on the roof :eek:
I liked the Gulf "A" pattern for the marigold accent stripes
And I am not mounting my outside mirrors on the fenders.

So some differences but I have always liked 1049.

On the other hand, I suppose I would be popular in Denver :D

E

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Any updates?

Funny you should ask, I just got off the phone with everyone.

So the car has been finished and in a shipping container for weeks. Last Friday the container was loaded onto a DSV ship, and is "scheduled to arrive in Norfolk VA before the end of October". Then it clears customs, then to Olthoff Racing for assembly, run out, dyno, track and finish tune. This process will provide a lot of pictures.

The engine. Most of the parts are at Craft Engines in Arkadelphia AR, assembly and dyno 2-3 weeks away yet. I will post pictures as I get them from Craft.

The headers and tires are at Olthoff Racing.

The transaxle is.....well I don't have one yet :eek: But we have a few angles on a transaxle, but since realistically I don't need it until mid-November it isn't a problem, yet. I am holding out for an RBT-ZF, I really do not want a Quaife.

I wanted to get the build done over the winter, my anxious anxieties will not nearly be as bad when there is snow on the ground. I am guessing that the car will be completed in mid-late December to mid-January.

I am planning on flying down to drive the car and finish sorting it out after that.

Then I have to apply for a title with the state of Missouri. Fortunately for me, Missouri changed the laws a few years back for assembled cars and it is now much easier to apply for and secure a title. It will require two trips to Highway patrol, but they are really nice there and there is always some fun to be had.

In the next 2-4 weeks I should be able to post new eye candy pictures.

E

einehund

Established Member
I just moved to the Wentzville area and would absolutely love to see this piece of rolling art when it gets finished.

Users who are viewing this thread