My GT40 Build

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
A short update.

Car is ready except...RAIN

They have not been able to get the driving tune completed as it keeps raining every day in North Carolina!

Now they are shooting for this coming Monday to get 100 miles on the car and adjust the tune.

Just one eye candy pic

IMG_4349 small.jpg

E

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man, hurry up and bring this back to Missouri. I could use a fun road trip to check out a car.

prs97

Established Member
Man alive. That level of anticipation must be nuts. Hopefully mother nature cooperates soon for you.

einehund

Established Member
A short update.

Car is ready except...RAIN

They have not been able to get the driving tune completed as it keeps raining every day in North Carolina!

Now they are shooting for this coming Monday to get 100 miles on the car and adjust the tune.

Just one eye candy pic

View attachment 1642819

E
At the rate we've had rain in STL, you would not be able to drive it here, same as in NC. Hell, i haven't even brought out the Shelby in about 10 days.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Final post!
I gotta tell you guys. For a long time I have been telling my buddies I had a GT40 on order/build. Lately they would ask about it, and I could help but think "they must think I am full of shit". Then when they had a problem getting the tuning right, when my buddies would ask about the car, I also started thinking I must be full of shit. All the excuses, delays, weather, Covid, and random people involved that did not really care when I got my car.

BUT! Saturday I picked her up. Thought I was going to puke I got so excited. :confused:
At Olthoff Racing:
IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

Took her for a short ride (ECU is now self tuning :)) So amazing to drive this car. You are so connected to the road.

Loaded her up in the trailer and started home with my good friend Bill. I knew I was going to drive straight home, LOL.

11-3/4 hours, four diesel stops, one def top off we got back to the shop and just dropped the trailer. This morning (still can't sleep o_O) got up and drove over to the shop. Unloaded the car (even with 78" long race ramps the front wants to drag, so I have to add some distance to my ramps/door), washed the trailer, cleaned out the trailer, and generally got things reorganized.

Shop pics:
IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

So this is it! Finally done (still need to get a title). If you have any questions fire away.

There is a dealer in KC I know that will get a ride (in the car, get ur mind out of the gutter) ;)

PPF still to be applied, and some retro racing stickers. Clear tint on the inside of the front windshield, and the outside mirrors need help o_O

E

IA Shelby

Established Member
That is next level. Glad to see the good guys win.

I am looking at doing a 65 backdraft cobra. I am too claustrophobic for a GT40 but I sure can admire the beauty. That engine is stunning.

Tag

Users who are viewing this thread