My GT40 Build

IA Shelby

Established Member
There is a dealer only a few miles from my house.
I know Vintage has a great reputation and would listen to his concerns.
Lots of guys prefer the pushrod builds, but for our use, I’ll take a low torque 5.2 for my wife.
She won’t go over 4000rpm but I’ll enjoy the 4000-8000rpm range :)
Also the TKO was standard on Backdrafts and my builds included a Magnum upgrade, but now it’ll be easy to use the TKX that replaces the TKO and matches the Coyote shift points.
-J
Jay wasn’t anti-coyote at all. He said that had used some 5.2 in some builds and they didn’t seem to create the power they should for the extra cost. I was planning on going with the aluminator with an 8 stack as well. I still may go that way anyway.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
There is a dealer only a few miles from my house.
I know Vintage has a great reputation and would listen to his concerns.
Lots of guys prefer the pushrod builds, but for our use, I’ll take a low torque 5.2 for my wife.
She won’t go over 4000rpm but I’ll enjoy the 4000-8000rpm range :)
Also the TKO was standard on Backdrafts and my builds included a Magnum upgrade, but now it’ll be easy to use the TKX that replaces the TKO and matches the Coyote shift points.
-J

Either the Magnum or the TKX are far better choices than the TKO.

For me, the Coyote has sounded a little odd out of the Cobra header/sidepipe comination. I like the idea of a modern engine thou.

E

IA Shelby

Established Member
Either the Magnum or the TKX are far better choices than the TKO.

For me, the Coyote has sounded a little odd out of the Cobra header/sidepipe comination. I like the idea of a modern engine thou.

E
Vintage said the same thing about the exhaust note. He recommended an upgraded set of pipe for the coyote. As I recall it was a 1200 upgrade to get them. He said the standard pipes that work great on a push rod don’t sound as good with a coyote

Users who are viewing this thread