My FRPP Recaro's just came in...

Shelbyfan73

Established Member
Please report back as to whether Shelby is still cutting up the skins they resell.

Well, I can confirm that Shelby is still cutting the skins instead of removing them from the hooks. At least I was prepared from reading this thread. :)

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I had base seats in my '12, got Recaro's in my '13. In comparison, the base seat feels like sitting on a couch to me.
Ray, your build is just right to strap into the Recaro. The wider guys don't fit well in them.
With the upper & lower bolster design, I've never felt better in a car seat!
Now if we can just get you to experience WOT! If your tires wont allow it, get in with me!

Shelbyfan73

Established Member
Well, I got the seats done today when I got home from work.

20180328_180816.jpg

Shelbyfan73

Established Member
Just a quick update to say that I just finished installing the seats into the car. The install went without a hitch......well, mostly, without a hitch.

My body is no longer made to contort itself into some of the positions required to reinstall the 10 amp fuse for the safety restraint system. It was aggravated by dropping said fuse and it landing behind the kick panel.
tango_face_sad.png

A few bone cracks, muscle pops, and muttered expletives later the fuse was back in it's proper place and all the covers reattached. I reconnected the battery and hoped I didn't get a dreaded airbag light on the dash. Once the car started the airbag light lit up and then immediately went off as normal. Another successful mod in the books!!!!
tango_face_grin.png

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Just a quick update to say that I just finished installing the seats into the car. The install went without a hitch......well, mostly, without a hitch.

My body is no longer made to contort itself into some of the positions required to reinstall the 10 amp fuse for the safety restraint system. It was aggravated by dropping said fuse and it landing behind the kick panel. View attachment 1477676

A few bone cracks, muscle pops, and muttered expletives later the fuse was back in it's proper place and all the covers reattached. I reconnected the battery and hoped I didn't get a dreaded airbag light on the dash. Once the car started the airbag light lit up and then immediately went off as normal. Another successful mod in the books!!!!View attachment 1477677

What did you do on the driver side larger harness? Not the yellow airbag one.

Shelbyfan73

Established Member
What did you do on the driver side larger harness? Not the yellow airbag one.

The drivers side Recaro had the same plug so I just plugged the one from the car into it. I'm not sure what it does since the Recaro is all manual, but since it was there I plugged it in.

Shelbyfan73

Established Member
Sorry for so many posts. I kept getting a server error message and didn't know they were all actually posting.

I tried to delete the duplicate posts but couldn't. Mods can you please delete all the multiple posts?

Shelbyfan73

Established Member
Done.

Nice work BTW.

Thank you for deleting the extra posts and also for the compliment. Truth be told, I wouldn't have tried it in the first place if it wasn't for your thread. So much great information from you and the others that contributed.

Mapster429

Established Member
TOB - I read your thread and a bunch of others but I got a seat swap problem/ question.

I have a 13 GT and I swapped in Recaros from a 14GT and got the airbag light. When I bolt in my stock passenger seat back in the light goes off but I don’t want to dismantle my stock seats to get the OCS as I want the option to easily switch back and forth with my stock seats for track season. I thought I just needed an OCS from another 13 pas seat to install into the Recaro pas seat so I tried bolting in a 13 seat (DR33) from a salvage yard but the airbag light stayed on.

Now I’m questioning if it’s possible to have an Restraint Control Module compatible with two different passenger seat OCSs. Maybe I could get the RCM from the salvage seat car and have it programed to work with the Recaro fitted with the salvage seat OSCM and swap the RCM when I swap seats? What do you think? Can you think of a better solution? Thanks!

sweetlou1182

Established Member
TOB - I read your thread and a bunch of others but I got a seat swap problem/ question.

I have a 13 GT and I swapped in Recaros from a 14GT and got the airbag light. When I bolt in my stock passenger seat back in the light goes off but I don’t want to dismantle my stock seats to get the OCS as I want the option to easily switch back and forth with my stock seats for track season. I thought I just needed an OCS from another 13 pas seat to install into the Recaro pas seat so I tried bolting in a 13 seat (DR33) from a salvage yard but the airbag light stayed on.

Now I’m questioning if it’s possible to have an Restraint Control Module compatible with two different passenger seat OCSs. Maybe I could get the RCM from the salvage seat car and have it programed to work with the Recaro fitted with the salvage seat OSCM and swap the RCM when I swap seats? What do you think? Can you think of a better solution? Thanks!

following this. Let me know what you find. I’ve had the light on for years but now my states inspections fails for the light. Pretty sure when the shop did my conversion the pass OCS was not moved over. Figuring out best way to eliminate this. Keep me posted please and thanks if you happen to work via PM.

Mapster429

Established Member
following this. Let me know what you find. I’ve had the light on for years but now my states inspections fails for the light. Pretty sure when the shop did my conversion the pass OCS was not moved over. Figuring out best way to eliminate this. Keep me posted please and thanks if you happen to work via PM.
So I solved the problem by moving the original pas OCS over to the Recaros. It seems there are serial numbers in the OCS, the Passenger Restraint Module and the ECM that need to match making swaps without changing all three or flashing impossible.

Then again, some post they have swapped seats between cars of the same year with no issue - but in my experience it triggered the dash light.

If you have your original OCS you can move it yourself in about an hour with a $20 Amazon upholstery tool set and moderate mechanical skills. You need to take off the seat trim, unbold the seat back to remove the lower part of the seat, pull off the cushion and the OCS is below it. You also need to drill out the 2 rivets holding the sensor to the frame. Replace the rivets with a nut and crew with the og OCS.

If you don't have your og OCS then I suggest getting one from the same year and going to ford to reflash them all to match - but I never solved this issue this way myself.

Users who are viewing this thread