My FR500's and BFG KDW NT's

TRBO VNM

Rims from mustangtuning.com and tires from no other than Chris@discount tire.

they would look better with sun, it was dusk when I took these but had to once I was done mounting them. they look amazing.

fr500.1.jpg

fr500.2.jpg

fr500.3.jpg

fr500.4.jpg

this pic was to try and get a comparison or driver and passenger side tire width. passenger side are stock f1's and driver side is the KDW's. not that great of an angle to see the difference.
fr500.5.jpg

fr500.6.jpg

Last edited:

svtstan04

Established Member
awesome selection i also have them with the same tires looks awesome ... we even have the same mods

mustangmuscle

Established Member
Awesome!

Looks great! Exactly what I'm planning on doing. Love those FR500's. What size tires are you running front and back? Also love the stance...Any issues with the IRS bolt?

Thanks!

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

mustangmuscle said:
Looks great! Exactly what I'm planning on doing. Love those FR500's. What size tires are you running front and back? Also love the stance...Any issues with the IRS bolt?

Thanks!

tires in front are 275/35/18 and rear are 295/35/18. no issue with the bolt and you can possibly go 305 with no issue unloaded, but it is close with the 295.

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Nice!! I am ordering the black FR500s tomorrow from mustangtuning. Does anyone know where I can get the Cobra emblem for the front grill?

TRBO VNM

piss&vinegar said:
Nice!! I am ordering the black FR500s tomorrow from mustangtuning. Does anyone know where I can get the Cobra emblem for the front grill?

search ebay and I think a lot of the typical vendors carry the snake as well.

mustangmuscle

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Mind a couple more questions?

Was wondering why you went with the BFG KDW's? I have looked at too many posts/polls to count and it seems the GY GSD3's always come out on top by a wide margin....? I know the GY's are expensive

I was hoping to go with the 275's up front with 315's out back. I realize that some work on that IRS bolt will probably be necessary. Did you go with the 295's to avoid all of that?

Thanks again,
Chris

ps. one more thing.....are you happy with your lowering springs? I'm planning on doing this along with the wheels and tires and cant seem to decide on which springs to go with.

TRBO VNM

mustangmuscle said:
Thanks for the info. Mind a couple more questions?

Was wondering why you went with the BFG KDW's? I have looked at too many posts/polls to count and it seems the GY GSD3's always come out on top by a wide margin....? I know the GY's are expensive

I was hoping to go with the 275's up front with 315's out back. I realize that some work on that IRS bolt will probably be necessary. Did you go with the 295's to avoid all of that?

Thanks again,
Chris

ps. one more thing.....are you happy with your lowering springs? I'm planning on doing this along with the wheels and tires and cant seem to decide on which springs to go with.

well I was hoping to stick in the $200 range for each tire..that obviously didn't happen. I searched tire rack and read a lot of reviews for a variety of tires. the ones you mention were not part of my search, but the ratings on the kdw2's were very good. everything was excellent except one category. so I decided to spend a little extra and go with them.

i went with the 295's because that is what Chris recommended at discount tire. they would be a nice fit for the 10" rim and offer a little lip protection. But they wouldn't be too wide to cause rubbing issues and he was right. I am very happy with the looks and so far in the 30miles I have driven I am happy with the performance. I beat the crap out of my car and they are holding pretty good.

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
WutWine,
How much did you pay for everything? PM if you want. Did you get a deal from mustangtuning on the wheels? Are you using your stock lugnuts? Tire price?

TRBO VNM

piss&vinegar said:
WutWine,
How much did you pay for everything? PM if you want. Did you get a deal from mustangtuning on the wheels? Are you using your stock lugnuts? Tire price?

total I paid about 1900 with mount and balance. mustang tuning has pretty good deals and free shipping already, so I didn't try to bargain with them. plus they are the only place I believe that carries them right now. I could be wrong about that. so I paid about 900 for the wheels, about 980 or so for the tires and this is where the amount you spend can change drastically. and I think about 100 for the mount and balance.

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Hey WUTWINE,
You seem to have alot of mods so I got some question for ya ..by the way the ride looks sweet! I am not interested in messing with the engine now but would like to do some more modifications. I have done exhaust and FIPK and that is it. What about suspension, shifter, sub frame connectors? Any ideas? I am thinking also gauges?

TRBO VNM

piss&vinegar said:
Hey WUTWINE,
You seem to have alot of mods so I got some question for ya ..by the way the ride looks sweet! I am not interested in messing with the engine now but would like to do some more modifications. I have done exhaust and FIPK and that is it. What about suspension, shifter, sub frame connectors? Any ideas? I am thinking also gauges?

you know I really thought about getting the black/polished lip, but didn't want to deal with the cleaning of the polished lip. I think the chrome is easier to clean, but I do have a lot more chrome...oh well.

well, the mods are endless really and it all depends on what you really plan to do with the car.

suspension: coil over is going to be a great choice and have a wide range of adjustment depending on what you like. But it is pretty expensive($1000+ for so for the MM kit I believe or around there). If you just want the lowered look with a little handling added to it they just do springs.

shifter: MGW all the way. get the shifter, not the handle. it is amazing and I haven't missed a shift yet.

subframes: Maximum Motorsports full length subframes all the way. I would get the powder coated ones. it is harder for the welder because of the prep work, but it does protect them a lot longer. you can get the non powder coated and then after they are welded you can paint them with a rustoleum or krylon or something. you can even put undercoating on if you want.

gauges, since you aren't modding the engine I wouldn't bother with a boost/vac gauge and you don't need anything in regards to A/F if you are keeping the motor stock for now, but I highly, I mean highly recommend an electronic fuel pressure and electronic oil pressure gauge. The stock oil gauge sux and the fuel pressure can save your motor.

as an example, I blew my FRPS last weekend and in the matter of a split second I looked at my fuel pressure gauge and saw 0 fuel pressure and shut the car off. no damage to anything. basically the car fell on its face, I shifted into the next gear and looked at the gauge and shut the car down.

anyway, those are my thoughts and what I would do. you are more than welcome to PM me for more info. I may not have gone into a lot of detail here as these are just ideas and my recommendations.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
:banana: Wow, every car pictured in this thread looks fantastic, including "I-Can-Stang's" sig pic. :rockon:

I came so close to getting Chrome FR500's (17's) but I decided on the Chrome Bullitts thanks to this pic of another Sonic blue w/ them:

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Cool. I guess for now it will be new rims, tires, shifter(you have to buy the MGW from them, correct?), new shifter ball and guages with A pillar. Do you know a good place to buy the guages from allong w/ A pillar to hold them?

TRBO VNM

piss&vinegar said:
Cool. I guess for now it will be new rims, tires, shifter(you have to buy the MGW from them, correct?), new shifter ball and guages with A pillar. Do you know a good place to buy the guages from allong w/ A pillar to hold them?

yes, get the shifter directly from MGW. By far the best customer service I have ever had.

gauges I got off ebay and only paid like 150 for the electric fuel pressure that normally goes for over 200.

gauge pod, gotta go with alanw6's. it is unique and replaces your existing a-pillar so there is no drilling or velcro. very nice piece and looks great to.
http://www.speedofsoundllc.com/Products.html

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Ok. I am thinking of getting the automater lunar brand but wanted to know what brand you got? Also, you must have more than 2 guages so what else are you doing for the other guages?

Users who are viewing this thread