My first race...kinda

GNasty

Established Member
Well, tonight I encountered my first race. I was on my way home, sitting at a red light when I hear the sounds of revving exhaust. It is the ear peircing sound of a v-6 Camaro.

I have my passenger window down, and I hear a "hey dude, you want some?" I reply no thanks, I appreciate the offer. He returns with "come on dude, I just put on my performance exhaust, I want to see what it does" The light turns green and he darts off leaving me sitting there. I take off slowly and he slows down to meet me. He yells " come on dude get some of this!" I am in second gear, and I tell him, ok, you get the jump. He nails the go pedal, and the "performance exhaust" is screaming for help. I roll into the throttle, still in second gear, and walk by him like he hit reverse. He gives me a thumbs up, and says, that must be a '03? He waves and turns off.

I think he just wanted to run a new Cobra, knowing he had no chance. It was fun, but not a thrilling kill story. We both had a good laugh though.

I hope this gives you a good laugh too! :thumbsup:

Kyle

GNasty

Established Member
I have no idea, but the guy sure thought he had something under the hood. He was cool about it though, he gave me the big :thumbsup:

You never know any more. He could have had a blower and nitrous and made me look like a :loser: Glad that didn't happen!

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
A kid I work with swears up and down that his V6 'maro will beat a stock GT. I tell him he's lost his f***ing gerbil mind, but he still insists that it's FAST! I have however driven one and while it is faster than a V6 Mustang, it is by no means FAST! I would put it on par with a base model RSX (slow POS) hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread