My First Cobra :banana: Mystic 96 Cobra Lots of Pics!

FedExed

Established Member
My First Cobra ! Mystic 96 Cobra Lots of Pics!

:banana: This car has belonged to one of my best friends for around ten years. I have had the pleasure of helping him install mods and work on the car over the years. Not long ago we installed a new motor. I have always loved the car, and for the last few years i have been trying to convince (borderline begging) him to sell it to me. I have owned a couple of H/C/I/ fox's but i always wanted a Cobra...

Back in 1996 (7th grade) i was waiting in the show room of a Ford dealership while my mom attempted to strike a deal on a Used 95 Mustang gt. While i waited and prayed the salesman would cut her a deal and put end to the chance my mom would settle for the V6 mustang that was more inline with our budget.. Then a shiny black 95 cobra with polished rims, & Black Leather interior caught my eye. I was in instant awe of the "cobra status" and how awesome the car stood out amongst the hundreds of other mustangs we had shopped over the past 2weeks. I was able to get behind the wheel and pretend to row through the gears and imagine leaving my foes in the wake (a daydream i would revert to for years to come). Then 2 weeks ago the stars aligned and my dream cam true. Well close enough, with out enthusiasm my freind agreed to sell me His Mystic 96 Cobra :dancenana:

The car i parked in my driveway behind the house and many nights you can catch me standing in the driveway just staring at it and dreaming of the BB motor i want to grace the engine bay on day.

The car has Front/Rear Coil Overs, Koni 5ways, Drilled and slotted Rotors, 3.73 Gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, Msd Coil Packs, adjustable FP Regulator, Off road x-pipe & Borla Stinger Catback(sounds nutz!).

When i first got the car it had been siting for quite some time and had a terrible miss fire through out the rpm. On my quest to find the culprit over the next 2 weeks i changed the Plugs, fuel filter and one of the o2 sensors that was coming up bad when i ran the computer codes. The problem ended up being a bad plug wire on the #1 cylinder. I was grinning from ear to ear during the first test run that didn't result in the same old miss fire i had been experiencing during every "did i fix it" run i had made the week before.

I Had the windshield replaced (bad cracks) and the past few days have been spent on "tune up" type of things. I changed most of the fluids. Swapped in some Hawk "HPS" break pads. Cleaned out the MaF air meter, etc.. The Car is now running great planing on getting my tags and hitting the road this weekend. I eventually plan to build a boss block/stroker motor with a Sullivan intake setup. But in the meantime i picked up a n.o.s. dry kit. Hopefully the rebuilt motor is up to the task.
407260003.jpg

At NTB getting tires mounted
407260018.jpg

407260014.jpg

Purple
407260013.jpg

407260019.jpg

407260011.jpg

407259985.jpg

407259954.jpg

Green
407260012.jpg

407145675.jpg

407260009.jpg

Black-ish
407260001.jpg

407260021.jpg

407260005.jpg

407260004.jpg

407259988.jpg

407260002.jpg

407259998.jpg

With N.O.S. Kit
407260017.jpg

Last edited:

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Looks nice. No under hood pics? I expected yellow to be honest lol

FedExed

Established Member
Congratz to my fellow texan and welcome to club!

thanks, I'm pumped. I'm looking forward to getting the kit installed. I noticed your running long tubes. I want some headers on my car, But with the Borla Catback and X pipe its already really loud. It doesn't bother me, I just don't want to wake up the neighbors neighbors. :coolman:

FedExed

Established Member
Now all it needs is some chrome saleens.

I have considered having the FR's chromed, I think it would look great by I know I would miss the black with polished lip look. I have thought of doing this and buying a set of weld RTS runs for when I'm digging the darker look. But that would eat into my "go fast budget". Ohh the dilemma!!

Users who are viewing this thread