My F1-A 6 speed Marauder

justbob

Sick speed toy
Established Member
I was told to repost this here as some might have interest. I know, four doors... Well keep in mind some of us have a family of five!

Well ten years+ in the making this seems to be BEST set up I've ever had or driven. I had a Trilogy 1.9 roots for about six years and was constantly hitting brick walls every time I wanted more. Manual trans two years ago and fun renewed for a short spell.. Finished up the F-1 a couple weeks ago and dynoed at 704/601 @ only 6,200 RPMs when the Ford twin disc said oh hells no! Street tuned on 93 @ 603/559 (but have to let off at around 5400 or BOOM on 93 octane OR 558/? With my fail safe Tial spring installed and keeping boost below a measly 17#s.

The 558 street tune is absolutely STUPID at any speed! The 704 is a complete waste of tire even at 120..

THIS is what I should have done in 2004...

04 Cobra short block
2012 GT500 TR6060
Very lengthy list of accommodating parts.

80d905f5398e28d7ab429035cc6e9c5d.jpg

a126a5ce788c67936a260b01870e2e9a.jpg

1745f7b3e1330f5cb748ffad7ea5748b.jpg

http://youtu.be/HvJOga-PQVY
http://youtu.be/YQJqhDq7c2A

T.Man

Established Member
I have always really liked the Marauder. That's a sick ride man. I much prefer 4 doors for exactly what you described. Nice work!

Are you using a wastegate at all?

justbob

Sick speed toy
Established Member
Thanks everyone!

Yes I'm essentially using a Tial 50MM with no vacuum to it as a waste gate for now. It starts opening around 5psi and fully open at around 10. I have ran her up to 7,000 so far but was still hitting 20psi and climbing even with the Tial bleeding its heart out. So it's not a perfect solution as I really need to stay under 6,500 or so on 93 or things will go south eventually.

Track time I just replace the spring in the Tial with a solid piece of pipe, swap tunes, and add some 110.

It will probably be next year before I can allow myself more money on a McLeod RXT and new shoes to get some track numbers. For now I'm just enjoying it.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Absolutely retarded. I LOVE it.

I'm in the process of arranging to pick up a stock Marauder to accommodate the 2nd baby. I need to be certain not to show this to my wife.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Sick Marauder always loved these cars. Congrats super clean love the 6spd swap any future plans for E85?

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Such an awesome build, was the six speed swap a bolt on install or was there a lot of fabrication? Is it cable or hydraulic?

CobraLucci

LEO
Established Member
Man i love this car, you have done a great job with it. I posted on your other post and yea not a lot of traffic there. If only they came in white id definately get one!! But it sure looks amazing in the black!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
THAT is probably the nicest Marauder I have ever seen. What a package! The only change I would have made was to go with an auto vs. the manual. But man, there is SO much to love about that car. The hood. The motor. The glass tint. The headers. And on and on and on. :rockon:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
OMG this car is so sick. I demand videos!!

Cogged centri is the only way to do a centri!! So badass.

justbob

Sick speed toy
Established Member
Sick Marauder always loved these cars. Congrats super clean love the 6spd swap any future plans for E85?

Early on I was hit or miss on it but ended up using just cheap Summit fuel lines as the budget blew up in my face LOL. I do have an alkicontrol still in the box but not sure if I even really want more power?

Such an awesome build, was the six speed swap a bolt on install or was there a lot of fabrication? Is it cable or hydraulic?
I fabbed up the cross member and had to gut the tunnel and mock up a new one to allow for the remote under mount shifter. I had to shorten the shifter an 1 1/4" to come up dead nuts center into the counsel and also extend the shifter handle about an 1 1/2" for the stock feel.

I adapted a hybrid of fox body, GT500, and a bag of misc hardware to the factory brake pedal and still retain power adjust pedals.

I used the new style master cylinder with a -3 line down to the slave but will be replacing it with a Tick Performance one for an F body as I've snapped two stock units in 10,000 miles due to the need of a slight pivot to make it work with the space provided. The Tick one has all kinds of adjustability.

Also since it's a fixed flange output shaft I had hell trying to get the local driveshaft builders to build something that wouldn't warp at WOT 80 and up. They kept insisting on steel telescoping shafts... Long story short, two shafts, three rebalances, a tow off the 1,000' at the track, and a BEAUTIFUL new Driveshaft Shop constant velocity shaft later (and works flawlessly!) I'm $2,000 into the shafts...!

But everyone who's driven it says the entire swap feels like a brand new Mustang. Even Hans @ Deans Performance was grinning ear to ear saying it feels like one of the most well balanced out Mustangs he's driven handling wise and the power hits real hard right off idle and never stops pulling.

Users who are viewing this thread