My E85 Conversion

GodStang

Established Member
Parts are starting to roll in for my for Fore Return System for E85. My Fore Returnless parts well be for sale:

ForeBoxes.jpg

Out of the box:

ForeParts.jpg

Fore Triple Return Hat

ForeReturnHat.jpg

Fore Y-Blocks

ForeY-Blocks.jpg

Fore 10 Micron Fuel Filter

Fore10micFilter.jpg

Fore Fuel Pressure Regulator

ForeRegulator.jpg

Fuel Pumps

WalbroPumps.jpg

WalbroPump.jpg

Already installed Fore Rails:

100_3274.jpg

FRPP 80lbers

IMG_2487.jpg

Fuel Lines

b9d45e2f.jpg

other pics:

E85CapBAdge.jpg

GodStang

Established Member
The disassemble...

Well due to me herniating my back pushing the car last time it broke down I finally got started yesterday.

Good bye FPDM
59eefa15.jpg

Good Bye MDM
4992958d.jpg

Good Bye GT pumps
d25971fb.jpg

Good bye Kenne Bell BAP
3e2e7be6.jpg

Random pic of my engine cause I was bored:
0ac978fa.gif

GTBill

Established Member
that certainly is an impressive set up. i like the fuel cap and the badge. :banana:

by any chance are your old injectors for sale? if so what size? ty!

cbr repsol

Established Member
You mentioned by-by to the boost a pump and fpdm. When you go return it deletes these things needed for the stock system??Thanks

saleencobra

Established Member
i have a similiar setup but went witht the 100 micron filter any benefits to me doing this? kinda went with ah must be better its more expensive route lol

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
i have a similiar setup but went witht the 100 micron filter any benefits to me doing this? kinda went with ah must be better its more expensive route lol
Actually the 100 micron filter is about the same as the screens on your pumps in the tank. The 10 micron will filter out particles 10 times smaller than the 100.

You should run a smaller filter between the pumps and injectors to protect the injectors. The 100 micron screens that are on the pumps protect the pumps themselves.

650cobra

Established Member
Keep an eye on that aeromotive fuel filter.. The E-85 can react with the steel filter element and can plug the filter some what, at least thats what happened to my car anyway. I have a returnless system though, and it took around a year and a half for it to plug up....

GodStang

Established Member
Keep an eye on that aeromotive fuel filter.. The E-85 can react with the steel filter element and can plug the filter some what, at least thats what happened to my car anyway. I have a returnless system though, and it took around a year and a half for it to plug up....

I am getting rid of the Aeromotive fuel filter and installing a Fore fuel filter. Much nicer piece. As far as micron filter I was told 100 micron before the pumps and 10 microns after the pump so that is what I did/doing...

650cobra

Established Member
Ya I figured after I looked at the pics agian.. At the time when I switched I dont think fore had that filter out yet.. Looks like a very nice piece, same goes for all thier products. Do they still offer the nickel coatings on all there stuff?

Ha never mind just read the thread above posted by stacy...

Last edited:

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
Thanks everyone!
650cobra- The nickel coating is not offered at this time due to the experiences with running e-85 and also due to pricing. Honestly, we have cars running our bare aluminum billet hats with e-85, and not seeing any issues (going on three years).
We do however recommend the anodized version of our products which is always offered on all of the Fore Product line.
Ethanol Proofed!

650cobra

Established Member
Sweet.. Thanks for the info.. This is jordan btw, met you a few times at the spring break shoot out in Bradenton FL.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Why did you ditch the dual FGT pumps? Do those new pumps ( I can't tell which ones they are other than "Walboro" ) really flow that much more? Btw I call dibs on the Fore dual hat if you haven't let it go already!

GodStang

Established Member
Why did you ditch the dual FGT pumps? Do those new pumps ( I can't tell which ones they are other than "Walboro" ) really flow that much more? Btw I call dibs on the Fore dual hat if you haven't let it go already!

It is a Fore Triple Hat. Each pump flows a little bit more but a return system allows you to make more power with a smaller setup. It is for sale in the for sale section.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
I am getting rid of the Aeromotive fuel filter and installing a Fore fuel filter. Much nicer piece. As far as micron filter I was told 100 micron before the pumps and 10 microns after the pump so that is what I did/doing...
forgive my ignorance, but how do you run filters before before in-tank pumps? you mean like the screen filters? sorry if you had pictures up showing this, pics don't show up at my work...

GodStang

Established Member
forgive my ignorance, but how do you run filters before before in-tank pumps? you mean like the screen filters? sorry if you had pictures up showing this, pics don't show up at my work...

Very good question and no I do not have a pick of it for a Return Style system yet. The in tank setup has the same sock filters that the returnless setup has. The attach to the bottom of each pump.

Users who are viewing this thread