My demon goes 9.8 .....stock.......

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
every single Demon bought had the price of the crate engineered into it, the car was built around the crate parts and then altered to be legally sold and as a big **** you to overbearing laws.

FACT. Demon crate is OEM and factory stock and thats really not debatable. If you disagree then you are just crying about the brand that isnt your #1.

I am not a dodge fan but 100% appreciate what they did.

By this logic then a mustang GT with a dealer installed ford racing TVS or whipple kit is stock too. They were specifically engineered for the car, included in the invoice and installed at a ford authorized dealer.

blk02edge

Established Member
By this logic then a mustang GT with a dealer installed ford racing TVS or whipple kit is stock too. They were specifically engineered for the car, included in the invoice and installed at a ford authorized dealer.
Wrong. Those cars are not intended to have that stuff off the line, that stuff is an afterthought. And you are not paying for it from the factory. Demon crate is paid for through the factory order from day 1 and was designed into the car from day 1.

You literally can not buy the Demon without paying for the crate. If you are stupid enough to not check the box and pick it up then you are a 1st class moron.

Its a loophole, and thats all it is

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Wrong. Those cars are not intended to have that stuff off the line, that stuff is an afterthought. And you are not paying for it from the factory. Demon crate is paid for through the factory order from day 1 and was designed into the car from day 1.

You literally can not buy the Demon without paying for the crate. If you are stupid enough to not check the box and pick it up then you are a 1st class moron.

Its a loophole, and thats all it is

Ford should do the same an offer a drag pack box for the GT500. Bigs n littles and a race tuned ECU for E85. Then it will be stock vs stock. My money says it will be a drivers race with the 2 cars on equal terms.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ford should do the same an offer a drag pack box for the GT500. Bigs n littles and a race tuned ECU for E85. Then it will be stock vs stock. My money says it will be a drivers race with the 2 cars on equal terms.

Agree, and at that point the new 500 would trounce a Demon.

But Ford = No balls.

blk02edge

Established Member
Yes and so should chevy.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member

that'll never happen

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
every single Demon bought had the price of the crate engineered into it, the car was built around the crate parts and then altered to be legally sold and as a big **** you to overbearing laws.

FACT. Demon crate is OEM and factory stock and thats really not debatable. If you disagree then you are just crying about the brand that isnt your #1.

I am not a dodge fan but 100% appreciate what they did.

I love how dodge found a way around the system. Hopefully they can continue that.

Unfortunately you are wrong about being factory stock. In order for it to be factory stock it has to be legally able to sell off the show room floor in that condition. Because legally it can not be sold with crate parts installed already it changes what you can consider stock. Also in the supplement manual from dodge themselves say its aftermarket.

. This exclusive aftermarket kit which includes a crate with a serialized name plate specific to each Challenger SRT Demon leaving no doubt that it is created for one person, one car, one purpose - to go fast, giving you every- thing you need for a day at the track and a convenient way to get it there. This aftermarket kit is only available to new Challenger SRT Demon customers and can be purchased by calling the SRT Concierge line at 800-998-1110 . For your convenience, the aftermarket kit will be delivered to your home and supports your factory vehicle warranty when installed by an authorized dealer.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I love how dodge found a way around the system. Hopefully they can continue that.

Unfortunately you are wrong about being factory stock. In order for it to be factory stock it has to be legally able to sell off the show room floor in that condition. Because legally it can not be sold with crate parts installed already it changes what you can consider stock. Also in the supplement manual from dodge themselves say its aftermarket.

. This exclusive aftermarket kit which includes a crate with a serialized name plate specific to each Challenger SRT Demon leaving no doubt that it is created for one person, one car, one purpose - to go fast, giving you every- thing you need for a day at the track and a convenient way to get it there. This aftermarket kit is only available to new Challenger SRT Demon customers and can be purchased by calling the SRT Concierge line at 800-998-1110 . For your convenience, the aftermarket kit will be delivered to your home and supports your factory vehicle warranty when installed by an authorized dealer.
They refer to it as aftermarket, but then go on to say its covered under warranty as well...

I have a question here. Does anyone know if the Demon, if run in an NHRA Stock class, is allowed to run the crate PCM? Are there 2 different HP categories for Demons, with and without?

blk02edge

Established Member

I reeeeaaaallly dont care about the semantics. Its oem and Dodge designed it for the crate parts priority 1 and bolted the nittos up front and a pump gas tune after with 100% warranty. You anti crate people can argue the technicalities till you are blue in the face but all I see is jelousy.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
They refer to it as aftermarket, but then go on to say its covered under warranty as well...

I have a question here. Does anyone know if the Demon, if run in an NHRA Stock class, is allowed to run the crate PCM? Are there 2 different HP categories for Demons, with and without?

My understanding is they cant compete in the stock class. Maybe someone else has some other information stating otherwise.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I reeeeaaaallly dont care about the semantics. Its oem and Dodge designed it for the crate parts priority 1 and bolted the nittos up front and a pump gas tune after with 100% warranty. You anti crate people can argue the technicalities till you are blue in the face but all I see is jelousy.

Im sorry that your understanding of dodge own supplement say otherwise. Call it what you want but if the manufacturer and maker of the car say its aftermarket, then its aftermarket plain and simple. I cant understand why people want to argue the facts. Maybe it's jealousy.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t think the demon fits in any particular box.

Fact is, it’s so different from anything ever done by any manufacturer that it creates discussions like this.

Has new car warranty, runs 9’s, comes with factory/aftermarket hop ups, pretty damn cool in my book.

I only wish the others would follow.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

blk02edge

Established Member
Im sorry that your understanding of dodge own supplement say otherwise. Call it what you want but if the manufacturer and maker of the car say its aftermarket, then its aftermarket plain and simple. I cant understand why people want to argue the facts. Maybe it's jealousy.
Im sorry that you dont understand they say that for legal reasons only. Boggles my mind how any true car guy can argue that, but I know its because YOUR brand didnt do it. Around and around we go.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I don’t think the demon fits in any particular box.

Fact is, it’s so different from anything ever done by any manufacturer that it creates discussions like this.

Has new car warranty, runs 9’s, comes with factory/aftermarket hop ups, pretty damn cool in my book.

I only wish the others would follow.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I agree, dodge was the only one brave enough to even give us an option like this. They have lead the HP/TQ and 1/4 wars last few years.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Im sorry that you dont understand they say that for legal reasons only. Boggles my mind how any true car guy can argue that, but I know its because YOUR brand didnt do it. Around and around we go.

So we are finally on the same page. ITS aftermarket and not stock. Glad we have finally got you there.

Why wouldn't i want to be brand loyalty?
Being brand loyal doesnt change that the crate package is aftermarket.

blk02edge

Established Member
So we are finally on the same page. ITS aftermarket and not stock. Glad we have finally got you there.

Why wouldn't i want to be brand loyalty?
Being brand loyal doesnt change that the crate package is aftermarket.
By technicality.... if you want to stick your head in the sand and not agree that the Demon was designed from the ground up on 100octane and skinnys with a full factory warranty then that is your problem, i really dont care, Ill never own a Demon regardless but dodge did it right.

I would bet everything that if Ford announced one you'd be back pedaling

My94GT

Established Member
The fact that the demon is covered by a factory backed warranty even when taken to the track is enough for me to say yes it’s in fact a stock set up.

I wish Ford and Chevy would do it. Also this is funny because from the sound of it the OP has a GT500 on order so while everyone else is throwing stones about which is better and why, he will actually own both.

C0bra99

Established Member
By technicality.... if you want to stick your head in the sand and not agree that the Demon was designed from the ground up on 100octane and skinnys with a full factory warranty then that is your problem, i really dont care
I have no doubt that the car was designed with these parts in mind. But as you said they can't legally sell the car in that form and get certified as street legal(Safety, emissions etc...) they sell the parts that you ADD after you get the car. This is the issue. Can you take the car and get it certified with the parts on it? Dodge even states these are aftermarket so they don't get sued. These parts are for track only and are not DOT approved. I understand that Dodge did a work around and got these to market. I'm impressed with the times these car run. The issue is people don't take what left the showroom floor and talk about those times. It always discussed about the elapsed times AFTER you add the CRATE PARTS. This doesn't have to do with me being brand loyal, or a hater, or jealous it just doesn't pass the sniff test.

And to discuss warranty you can go get a recommended blower installed at any Ford dealer and it comes with a warranty including drive-train. Would you says that stock? of course not.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Just face it,.........the Demon is stupid fast! I think it's faster than any new car for around 100K, correct??
Especially in the quarter mile. Pure muscle car.

Users who are viewing this thread