my damn toilet ! plumbers CAMON IN

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
When my nephew was a little younger and first using the toilet on his own he thought it'd be a good idea to flush an entire roll of TP down the toilet. I plunged and plunged, snaked, poured shit in, no dice. Had to call in a pro who had to snake it all the way to the street.

shurur

Established Member
It has to be snaked.
You can buy one and try it.
You can rent a professional one.
You can pay a plumber.

Could be anything.
I have one rental property.
Could be anything.

Hot wheels cars, ladies "teabags"....on and on.

I pulled 6 teabags out once. I made my wife come with me; so she could appreciate all that I do around the house.

csm1320

Established Member
Is the small hose from the fill valve to the overflow tube working? It should run water after a flush to help fill the bowl. If it's not filling the bowl enough after a flush this can cause a bad/slow flush.

nickf2005

Established Member
I think I need to get in there with a coat hanger. I don't think it's anything else because it passes the "bucket test"
If it is flushing and clearing by pouring a bucket full of water, then it does seem like you're not getting enough pressure via the flush and not dealing with a clogged drain line. You can clean the crap out of it (pun intended) over time, or just buy a new toilet. I, personally, would do the latter. I have all, but one, Mansfield in my house and they've done well. The other is Delta and it's solid as well. If you'd don't have an elongated bowl, use this opportunity to upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nxhappy

Established Member
If it is flushing and clearing by pouring a bucket full of water, then it does seem like you're not getting enough pressure via the flush and not dealing with a clogged drain line. You can clean the crap out of it (pun intended) over time, or just buy a new toilet. I, personally, would do the latter. I have all, but one, Mansfield in my house and they've done well. The other is Delta and it's solid as well. If you'd don't have an elongated bowl, use this opportunity to upgrade.

it seems it is getting better. I dont know how to replace the entire thing, i'd rather not watch youtube and waste my time lolol. I think the lime away is working. I still need to get a coat hanger in there.

mnewxcv

Established Member
It has to be snaked.
You can buy one and try it.
You can rent a professional one.
You can pay a plumber.

Could be anything.
I have one rental property.
Could be anything.

Hot wheels cars, ladies "teabags"....on and on.

I pulled 6 teabags out once. I made my wife come with me; so she could appreciate all that I do around the house.
thought this was a haiku at first.

nickf2005

Established Member
it seems it is getting better. I dont know how to replace the entire thing, i'd rather not watch youtube and waste my time lolol. I think the lime away is working. I still need to get a coat hanger in there.
If I was a betting man, you'd have less time watching a video and replacing it than you have wrapped up in cleaning and posting about it.

Glad to hear it's improving though.

Users who are viewing this thread