My Crazy Dad just bought an 06 Roush Stage 2 Mustang Today

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Well...first he was going to buy a black sport Roush Mustang on the showroom at Rte. 66 Ford in Neptune(Anthony from JDM is the salesman there) Then he wants to wait ..this morning that is...then he calls me and say he wants to order a red with white striped Stage1 ...I call Anthony...says...ok...we will. So my dad goes down there....and calls me 5 minutes ago....he says he just left the Ford showroom...I said..man..you were there like all day! He says..yeah..and why would I be there all day....Uh oh I say...Whatya buy? :) His wife Susan and him drove the 03 Mach 1 that they were going to keep.....well.....Susan fell in love with a White and Blue Striped(Black/Blue Interior) Stage 2 Roush 5 speed. My dad said...she is driving right behind me in it....and they traded in the Mach 1. I saw this car on the showroom...its freakin awesome looking!

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Looks sorta like this one..color wise and blue interior scheme...but Stage 2

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...Z6236QQitemZ4604572921QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://www.roushperf.com/mustang_st2.shtml

Has Appearance, comfort, handling and speed…the unrivaled Roush Performance driving experience.

The Roush Stage 2 Mustang package contains the 300 HP producing 4.6L V8 and other core components offered in the Stage 1 package, with stunning cosmetic and suspension upgrades. The 18 inch alloy Roush wheels make an impressive visual statement. The suspension upgrade, with beefy anti roll bars, higher-rate springs, new lower control arms and Billstein shocks, sends a signal that this a vehicle for serious drivers. This dynamic combination allows nearly 1.0 g in lateral acceleration. Available options include the extremely comfortable Roush Sport seating system.

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thanks Shawn....now hopefully I get to check its handling out. They are suppose to handle incredible. Now he has the 03 Cobra and this to play with. He also has a few old musclecars too to keep the memories alive.

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
Very sweet ride I heard those new body/suspension setups handle (THE GT) as good or better than the 03/04 cobra's. Not how true that is but if it is I can't imagine that roush. Let us know

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Here is a quick pic from today....sorry about the large size..not on my home computer...so I just uploaded it quick in my space. I am fallin for this car.

roushstage2.jpg

HotRodHarry

Established Member
I just cropped the pic quick..here are all the only ones we got today...sorry..no rear yet....in time....I love the rear spoilers on these.
roushstage2.jpg

roushstage2a.jpg

roushstage2b.jpg

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Awesome. I wish that the GT500 was as agressive as that. Nice ride, you need to talk him into a blower.

-Jeff

HotRodHarry

Established Member
I agree...the styling is hot.

No need to upgrade...that is his wifes car..not planned that way..but the way it ended up.

Remember..my dad has a modded 03 Cobra too to fill his horsepower blower needs :D

litlsi

HotRodHarry said:
I agree...the styling is hot.

No need to upgrade...that is his wifes car..not planned that way..but the way it ended up.

Remember..my dad has a modded 03 Cobra too to fill his horsepower blower needs :D

Are those stripes painted or vinyl? They look painted on the roof of the car, but the reflection on the hood makes me think vinyl? :rolling:

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Roush puts vinyl on them...I now..painted would have been nicer...but no....and to get the Roush without stripes and then have them painted on..goes against my dads car collector bloodlines. Wouldnt be Roush then.......I guess if they painted them it would have pushed the price up even higher on an already pretty expensive car....all though no where near as expensive as the Saleen cars.

Users who are viewing this thread