my Coyote 5.0 VS a cam, bolt-ons 5th gen LS3 Camaro

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneSlowV

Established Member
I'm the nut swinger lol. Btw my car is a 392 charger mint to go against the turd of a joke SHO and other 4 door cars. But stop light races i got your 5.0 covered with my 392 :)

clean92lx

Established Member
I'm the nut swinger lol. Btw my car is a 392 charger mint to go against the turd of a joke SHO and other 4 door cars. But stop light races i got your 5.0 covered with my 392 :)

You think you have my 5.0 covered?! Lol what a joke!! I will rape that ugly as charger in any race you want.

OneSlowV

Established Member
You did ET better than my car NA but our trap speed is about the same. I think it would be a great race. What you run with the nitrous?

clean92lx

Established Member
I went 11.14 @ 123 but was coasting through the traps because the window switch was shutting the nitrous off before I got to the finish line plus a little spark blowout due to faulty spark plugs.

What's done to your 392?

OneSlowV

Established Member
Bone stock lol. Ran a 12.37 @ 114mph. Gonna do headers, tune and intake and will put me in the 11s easy. One of the strongest running cars iv'e owned for being bone stock besides the GT500. This car really impresses me for being heavy. Still like my 5.0 for roll racing.

LS1FTMFW

Banned
The Camaro in the op did 408 whp on it's last dyno run, he got a retune today and few other things done and did 458 whp.

mr-proper

Established Member
whats the curb weight of a 5th gen??
5.oh should be 3680lbs.
about 10hp equal 100lbs of dead weight

LS1FTMFW

Banned
They had a rematch today, the Camaro did 458 whp and the Mustang the OP owns did 413 whp at dyno day today. Basically a driver's race today.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Looks like I missed all the fun. I'm glad to see its mustang vs Camaro again lol oh and for that comment that if it wasn't for the Camaro the gt would still be a 3v. I laugh because if it wasn't for the mustang there wouldn't be a Camaro period

LS1FTMFW

Banned
The Camaro has 200 lbs worth of audio equipment and subs, so probably weighs right at 3900-4000 lbs. The Mustang has gutted trunk and no spare tire/jack so 3500-3600. Seems like the Camaro pulled when it went into its powerband, but every shift he fell out of it and had to wind it back out then starts inching away again(so ended up being dead even basically; the camaro just has a peakier powerband with the cam IMO, going 2-3 he falls down to 4000 rpm). Here's the vid.

[youtube_browser]LKBqr3cypYQ[/youtube_browser]

458 whp 3900-4000 lb car vs 417 whp 3500-3600 lb car with short gearing.

Last edited:

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Maybe the Camaro fan club will quit crying about how much they weigh one day,probably not though. When the LSJUAN rear wheeled around 70-80 more HP stock than the 2v Mustangs but weighed similarly they considered it a fair comparison and the shit talk never stopped.

Elwood617

Established Member
is it safe to say a i/e/cam ss can make 440-450hp.thats around the same power a zl1 tune makes...
buddy car...tune intake/exhaust 5.0 vs tune zl1
2013 BOSS 302 vs 2013 Camaro ZL1 - YouTube
Nice races.

I see alot of guys in here don't know shit about the ls3's power output or potential in a 5th gen. Also a L99 with a VVT cam and heads can make over 450rwhp. A simple bolt on 5.0 is not gonna pull on a cammed 5th plan and simple.
I do, when they show up at the track that is. I'll get video next time a 5th gen owner shows up at the track, they don't seem to go to the track much around here.

You have to be high to come on this forum. Alot of bs kill stories coming from you cobra owners lmao.
What does the Cobra have to do with this post? Oh yeah, nothing :)

Pretty sure a cam only LS3 Camaro is right with ported blower cobras, or fasterhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqAw8elAVcc
Again with trying to dragging Cobras into this?

First off this is my second mustang. First was a GT500 then traded it for a L99 camaro. The car was far from being slow. You guys act like a L99 or ls3 5th gen needs a shit load of mods to outrun a bolt on 5.0. Far from the truth with the right setup a L99 can run right with a 5.0 without a cam. Seen it done plenty of times. But its typical on svtperformance to have idiots on the forum. And far from a chip on my shoulder glad you think they are ugly. Guess you haven't seen that shitty ass 2015 5.0. But since this is a beauty contest my 392 looks better than both. Have some respect for the other side. If it wasn't for the camaro the mustang would still have a slow ass 3v in it :p
I'll agree that the 392 is a great looking car, and are a drivers race for a 5th gen or 5.0.
And I agree, competition is great for our cars. I think the Z-28 will be a great incentive for the next special edition Mustang :)
I think your in the wrong crowd if your trying to find anyone that is impressed with the 5th gen Camaro, h/c/i or not. Seriously, I'd rather have a well built catfish over a 5th gen.

Last edited:

clean92lx

Established Member
Looks like I missed all the fun. I'm glad to see its mustang vs Camaro again lol oh and for that comment that if it wasn't for the Camaro the gt would still be a 3v. I laugh because if it wasn't for the mustang there wouldn't be a Camaro period

Truth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread