My Cobra in Memorial Day Parade

carnut726

Established Member
I shined up the 01 and I think it was looking damn fine, so i just rolled up to the parade and asked the organizer where he wanted me. He pointed and in I went. Was not planning on entering and didnt sign up, but when i saw the crappy camaros and some of the other vehicles i figgered i would give it a shot. I was the only mustang in the parade believe it or not. I borrowed the flag from one of the floats from a guy i knew and i tied it with wire ties to a piece of PVC Pipe to put over my antenna. Looked like i belonged there. (phone pic, so dont beat me up about quality to bad.)

Anyone else got pix of their cars or others in some of the parades across the country? If so post them up.

cobraparade.jpg

Last edited:

GreySVTSnake01

Established Member
Looks good man! That's Comp Orange yeah? I hate to admit it but the 03/04 front bumper cover does alot for the looks over the 99/01 IMHO. The flag is a nice touch. *salute*

carnut726

Established Member
nope, its performance red,,,, looks orange in some light red in other. odd color, and one of the rarest.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Looks good man! That's Comp Orange yeah? I hate to admit it but the 03/04 front bumper cover does alot for the looks over the 99/01 IMHO. The flag is a nice touch. *salute*

perf red!

and the 99/01 bumper owns all! lol

carnut726

Established Member
performance red is really rare i only seen it on a few cars over the internet. i love having it on my car

It is an awesome color. I have never seen anotherone in person. Most people scratch their head on the color. When i bought it i was dead set on a black one. drove the black, made my deal then saw the Perf Red,,,, the old deal was off the tabl;e becuz i had to have that color. then i drove her home! :banana:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Very cool. Looks good! And I like the flag idea, gonna steal that idea from you.

A guy running for Sheriff in my county was in my neighborhood last week soliciting for petition signatures to get on the ballot. I happened to have the garage door open and after he finished his pitch, he goes, "So, let's talk about your car."

Since everyone always wants to talke about the Torch Red Z06 that I road course, I looked at it and said, "Yes, it gets raced and rarely driven on the street."

He replied, "Umm, no, I was looking at the black convertible. Would you be interested in attending the July 4th parade and having one of the VIPs ride in the back?"

So now I guess I gotta wash it sometime in the next couple of weeks.... But I think it is in my best interest to keep the potential Sheriff on my good side.

-Kevin

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
99 Cobra Coupes production #s Black 1,619 Red 1,292 White 794 E.Green 408 soo E.Green is the rarest BUUUUT 99-01 COBRAS RULE!!! :rockon:

really nice car!

Ps a friend of mine just bought a wrecked perf.red he is parting out :D

carnut726

Established Member
99 Cobra Coupes production #s Black 1,619 Red 1,292 White 794 E.Green 408 soo E.Green is the rarest BUUUUT 99-01 COBRAS RULE!!! :rockon:

really nice car!

Ps a friend of mine just bought a wrecked perf.red he is parting out :D

Actually Performance red is the RAREST color.

Production Numbers courtesy of SVT at 1-800-FORDSVT.
2001 Cobra COUPES BY COLOR
Color Name Body Style Units Sold
Zinc Yellow Coupes 347
Laser Red Coupes 556
Performance Red Coupes 226
True Blue Coupes 316
Mineral Grey Coupes 514
Black Coupes 979
Silver Coupes 556
White Coupes 373
Total Coupes: 3,867

Users who are viewing this thread