My CJ E85 Coyote vs CJ Coyote and Camaro ZL1

belfordp

Established Member
Was finally able to get some fun runs in last night. Ran a 2012 GT and a FBO Camaro ZL1. All mods are listed in the video and some in the description.

Check it out
Watch in 1080p

[video=youtube;0fx0Qa8Ossw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fx0Qa8Ossw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Alien STI

Established Member
Op 2 things.. 1 the guy in the 2011 sucks at driving from a dig. Needs practice bad. 2 with you on E85 I'm sure you made a good bit more power so I kinda expected you to win. Good runs tho and why no dig with the ZL1? He scared :) ?

belfordp

Established Member
The guy in the red 5.0 had his car for like 3 or 4 weeks lol He's still learning how to do digs.
(ZL1) We tried from a dig and spun pretty bad (street started getting damp). We agreed to do a 40 roll.

SVT_Cobra_

Established Member
E85 on a N/A car doesn't make a huge difference. I'm just shocked how you did against that ZL1, he has to have a good 100+ horsepower on you with those mods

belfordp

Established Member
Yeah I wasn't expecting to stay that close. That same ZL1 ran a stock manual hellcat last week and pulled it by half a car :eek:

belfordp

Established Member
I'm pretty sure the ZL1 beat the driver of the hellcat. I am in no way saying I can run with a hellcat.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
E85 on a N/A car doesn't make a huge difference. I'm just shocked how you did against that ZL1, he has to have a good 100+ horsepower on you with those mods

ZL-1 weighs 4,120 LB
Coyote weighs 15-46 LB
oh wait... Coyote weighs 3,500-3,600LB

600LB is a big difference.

belfordp

Established Member
I haven't got on a dyno since the addition of the long tubes, x pipe, and gt500 OTA. Before that I made 427hp and 376 TQ in 4th gear.

belfordp

Established Member
Stop! Just stop it with this bullshit. The boss and cobra jet intake jokes aren't funny anymore. In fact, they haven't been funny for quite some time.

Great runs OP! Car definitely hauls the mail.

Appreciate it VNOMIS. As I said before I am not saying I can beat or roll with a hellcat. I'm only stating what the guy in the ZL1 told me.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Very nice! Looks like you were keeping up with the ZL1 at first, but as the video ended was he not starting to pull hard?

belfordp

Established Member
Very nice! Looks like you were keeping up with the ZL1 at first, but as the video ended was he not starting to pull hard?

We were coming up on a curve. I let out of it whenever you see my last red light blinking. But yes, he was starting to pull me towards the end.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Great runs OP.

Gives me some hope of my CJ setup. I know how to drive, I just need tires and maybe some suspension.

SVT_Cobra - Typical CJ setups with Longtubes and E85 put down about 450-465 RWHP depending on the tune and if the Manifold is ported. I put down 420+ with a Ported CJ Setup on Stock Headers/Stock Mid-pipe on 93 Octane.

Look up 01Bluesnake and you'll see his CJ Setup car with moderate weight reduction and suspension running 11.0's @ 120-123 consistently in a MT82. I'd say that is enough to run close to a Hellcat or a ZL1 with light mods. Clearly the OP hung with the ZL1.

OP - What speed did you guys shut down at (Race with the ZL1) ?

belfordp

Established Member
I'm not to sure on the mph Grabber. I was at the top of fourth (7700) though. Maybe around 125-130?

Users who are viewing this thread