My car's life story told in video: She's had a rough life...

slowcoupe89

holic of many variations
Established Member
Man that was a truely awesome video. Well done sir. btw your car is bad freaking ass.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
NinoAvila;,

Great video man. I'm glad that even through all of that shit that happened, you still kept the car. That is what I would do. People say it's just a car but my 04 COBRA & your COBRA too means a whole lot more to us. Glad you found some real people to work on it... ! I remember your dyno nightmare & I'm glad your done with that mess. Good things happen to good people & this car in the condition it's in now is proof. :beer:

NinoAvila

Who's awesome....YOU ARE!
Established Member
Thanks again.

I don't have any immediate plans other than getting it dyno tuned. My brother-in-law has had a dyno & has been an SCT dealer for a while and I just haven't gotten it up there.

I'm glad that everything has panned out relatively well. It's been a rough journey, but we're in it together...for the long haul.

Hahah, sounds like I'm talking about my wife...

-N

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
Great video NiNo! There will always be a special place in my heart for Torch Red Terminators :p

Any track times since the catback and JLT?

Tremor

NO MERCY
Great Vid

Sorry to hear of the hell you went through. But Im happy that everythings done and she is Sinister :beer:

Fast 96 Asp

Established Member
<---- clueless. Sweet vid, but why the damage from running it in 6th on the dyno? and did someone try to break into your car? angry ex? jealous ricer?

04spinbra

Established Member
That was awesome! I have always loved the look of your cobra, and this vid just adds to it. If you ever get tired of the badassness of it, let me know first. If you are ever in Victoria, shoot me a pm. I would love to see it!

+1 if you ever make it to florida pm me!! i would love to see it!!:beer:

NinoAvila

Who's awesome....YOU ARE!
Established Member
<---- clueless. Sweet vid, but why the damage from running it in 6th on the dyno? and did someone try to break into your car? angry ex? jealous ricer?

Well, most of the dynos I've seen pull from 2000rpm to redline. 6th gear is an "overdrive" gear and is not meant to have full engine load.

You can hear the eaton at lower RPM trying to spin it's way out of the depths of hell :) I don't know the exact mechanics behind it - I'll leave that for someone much more mechanically inclined than I am.

JDRAKE:
I haven't been back out yet. Been busy AND the local track was shut down for like 5 weeks and just re-opened (Guard rail/track damage). Just got married and am house hunting now. I've had a number of smaller issues pop up like this bent left tire rod:

IMG_0764.jpg

We're still wondering how it got bent. We plan to take it off, straighten it and then get the car aligned (front end needs an alignment too).

And I was also having cooling issues with the AC (not that THAT has anything to do with going to the track...) but I found out what was causing that:
IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

Those are orifice tubes. They basically filter the freon in the A/C system. The orange one is off the car and is VERY dirty/clogged.

-N

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
just curious, did the shop that did the dynoing pay for the new engine? how did that work? i'm sure you've been asked this before, so i apologize.

Users who are viewing this thread