My car got hit and now Im looking for a body shop near western NC. Suggestions anyone?

ROADKILL

Established Member
So my 2016 GT got hit by a vehicle that jumped the sidewalk on Tuesday. No real idea yet what the extent of the damage is. I don't really want to spend the extra money on a new car. They are way too expensive right now. Plus, I just like mine better than the new ones.
If it turns out to be truly only cosmetic I would like to have it fixed and fixed RIGHT, not half-assed. If its half-assed, then I don't want it.
Question is, does anyone have a recommended shop that would be able to fix it back to 100%? Until that accident the car didn't have a scratch on it, was garage kept and only had about 47K miles. Im the only owner and an old fart at that, so the car is a peach.
Thank in advance for any suggestions and recommendations.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0936.jpg
    IMG_0936.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 180

ROADKILL

Established Member
Oh, and by the way, the red Ram beside the Mustang, its mine too. My son drove it that day when we met up at the gym. My son and I were working out when the owner walked up to me and said, dude you're about to have a bad day.
What are the chances?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Oh man that really suck!! You have my kind of luck. Back to back days, I had 2 cars totaled on me. Post your location and maybe someone can chime in and help you out. I wouldn’t take it to any shop insurance recommends, they’re usually the cheaper low end shops they like to use. I noticed the Ram as well, you must like red cars huh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ROADKILL

Established Member
Yeah Im a fan of red vehicles with black wheels for sure! Im near Asheville NC and if my car is fixable I want it done PERFECT. I know there has to be a shop out there its just a matter of who can do it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Try a Google search and check shop ratings. I found a few possibilities to explore.

Parks Collision
80 Stoney Knob Rd, Weaverville, NC
(828) 645-9962
4.7 out of 5.0 Google Reviews rating (217 reviews)

Rickman's Paint & Body Shop shows some good reviews.
548 Pond Rd, Asheville, NC
(828) 667-2417
4.7 out of 5.0 Google Reviews rating (18 reviews)

Silver's Auto Service
448 Haywood Rd, Asheville, NC
(828) 252-4201
4.7 out 5.0 Google Reviews rating (55 reviews)

Mobile Body & Paint
562 Riverside Dr, Asheville, NC
(828) 407-8013
4.8 out of 5.0 Google Reviews rating (34 reviews)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're very welcome. Well, I HOPE it helps. I don't know any of these shops, so maybe you'll hear from someone who has a hands on experience with one.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Yeah Im a fan of red vehicles with black wheels for sure! Im near Asheville NC and if my car is fixable I want it done PERFECT. I know there has to be a shop out there its just a matter of who can do it.

You willing to take it to Detroit? Because that's where the only body shop I use is located.

cobracide

Established Member
Your best shot with a good matching flawless jobs is a Ford dealership. Of course you are going to pay out the ass there too.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not all Ford dealerships are made equal! I would NOT trust just any Ford dealership. Like anything else, there are good ones for body work, and there are some not so good. Some dealerships, at least around here, have local body shops that they use because they don't have body repair facilities.

ROADKILL

Established Member
The absolute worst body and paint work I have ever seen done was from a dealership. Paint is paint . A good paint man can match colors its not like Ford has some magic paint.
I would be willing to take it further away, but Detroit is probably a bit out of the way.
Theres not a whole lot to find on the web. There are a few reviews here and there for sure, but I keep hoping to find a place that I can have confidence in when I drip it off. Once its finished, either perfect or completely destroyed its done.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
All I can say is good luck with the bodyshop.

I've been to a couple that were 'certified', only to get a half ass paint job.

While the repairs were decent, the paint job fell short.

You never know what you're going to get...

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Im in Franklin about 1 hour west of you. If you haven't found anyone yet I can probably recommend you a couple of really good shops this way if your willing to come that far.

ROADKILL

Established Member
Thats exactly right HAMMERHEAD.

Thank you cobra_4. Im hoping I can find something a little closer.
I used to go over to the Performing Arts Center there now and then. Really cool place.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
It's a solid color, very easy to match. Go to body shops and ask to see some finished cars. I've seen shops talk a big game and show me cars with a bunch of solvent pops.

ROADKILL

Established Member
Went to a couple of recommended body shops here. The first one was very honest and spoke with me at length with my concerns. Ultimately they told me that they do great work, however theres no way it could ever be as perfect as the day I bought it. They were very straight up with me. Also told me the truck should be as easy of a job as they come, since its hard to screw up a bed.
Shop number two told me point blank that if I was going to be that picky then he could not help me because he didn't have time for someone to nitpick every little detail. I thanked him for his time. I would rather him be honest.

So we shall see.

ROADKILL

Established Member
I agree CobraBob. It was pretty obvious to me why they had very high reviews. Just stinks cause I really liked my car. Don't get me wrong, Im overwhelmed with gratitude that no one got hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread