My cammed C6 Z06 vs cbr1000rr (video clip)

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
I was heading back from my shop to my house and one of the last traffic lights was about to turn red, so on yellow I gassed it to make it. Well, with that being said, a bike (in the oncoming lane) noticed that my car was a C6 Z06 and just caught me blasting it thru a light, therefore he figured he'd follow me. We were weaving in and out of cars. I have exhaust actuators so it sounded stock when he was behind me. (they open up automatically at 3,500 if they are set to closed from the remote, otherwise they are open full time).

So, the good part...right when the 3 mile stretch came up it was a straight shot with no one in front of us for the entire way, he when to pass me. As soon as he came around me, I downshifted and took off. He had a good car or 2 jump on me after I was fully in it but by 5th gear in my car, he was maybe a bus-length ahead of me.

We pulled over and he asked, "is that a ZR1??" and I explained to him that it was a Z06 with a cam, headers, air intake, and tune. I then disconnected the NPP exhaust module kit thats controlled by the remote, so the exhaust actuators opened up and the cam was hitting hard just so he could see. He was impressed to say the least and kept telling me that he couldn't believe how I was right on his ass up top. He told me that he would have never expected that so I asked him to run again and he agreed. So we went back to that 3 mile stretch and once there were NO cars in front of us (5 lane road with absolutely nothing on each side other than a corn field) and lined them up. A friend of mine was calling me, I told her to pull on the side of the road and just record...she knew what to do.

Beeped three times and we hit it off at about 35mph, just because I'd spin out in first too bad. This video clip below is the outcome of the run. Its not long but we sure were moving. This is a Honda cbr1000rr against my cam'd out C6 Z06 on Nitto Invo 345/30/19 street tires. Enjoy! :rockon:

(This was filmed in Mexico)

[youtube_browser]pHmf4usnDOc[/youtube_browser]

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Damn very nice man. What mph were you at? Smart on waiting for traffic as well.

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
I would have been more worried about the oncoming traffic. Good luck in a head on crash at that speed.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
your car sounded super mean going by. awesome job hanging with him.
Thanks man! I'll be making exhaust clips soon.

Damned pesky bikes. Nice run.

Love it man, makes me want a street bike!

Damn very nice man. What mph were you at? Smart on waiting for traffic as well.
170- 175mph we let out. Started at about 30mph.
Yeah man, I don't normally do the whole street racing thing but it's in the middle of corn fields and miles of 5 lanes and a median lane for any error so on coming traffic is no where even close.

Sounds sick man! Keep that thing runnin good Andrew!
Thanks Chris, you're the man.

I would have been more worried about the oncoming traffic. Good luck in a head on crash at that speed.

Thanks for kind words, can't wait for it to happen. :kaboom:

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Nice little race, not as cool as your old flyby videos but sure still nice to still be able to see a liter bike when in any car!

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Thanks, that's what I hear :D
I was surprised that he was just in front of me that much...he didn't expect it at all.

Cody@Stang-hi Performance tuned the car, it runs flawlessly.

Yeah I will be making new fly-by videos with the settings and place as I did with my Kenne Bell cobra. I just need an HD camera, my ole camera crapped out on me.

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
Good job staying that close to a liter bike.. Gotta say i woulda thought he would have Pulled you a little harder... With a good rider the modern 1000 can run deep in the 9's and trap over 150mph that vette must be a beast!

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Good job staying that close to a liter bike.. Gotta say i woulda thought he would have Pulled you a little harder... With a good rider the modern 1000 can run deep in the 9's and trap over 150mph that vette must be a beast!

My thoughts too man. I still think he should have been more ahead but maybe the Z is a bit more powerful than I thought it was. :lol1:
Nah, that bike is insane...definitely no joke!

Sweet vid. love your car.

Thank u good sir, right back at ya. I sat in a KB dsg Cobra and I want another one....:cryying:

onebadsvt

Established Member

a stock liter bike is not trapping 150, with a good rider or not! pro riders doing bike test nirmally get them to about 142-144 in the 1/4. My bike had full exhaust/pcIII/race filter/sprocket/dyno tune and trapped 148-150 every time. 2008 cbr1000rr.

On a side note awesome job keeping up though, regardless its still a 1000cc bike that can run low tens and trap 140+ you did great staying as close as you did

Last edited:

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
a stock liter bike is not trapping 150, with a good rider or not! pro riders doing bike test nirmally get them to about 142-144 in the 1/4. My bike had full exhaust/pcIII/race filter/sprocket/dyno tune and trapped 148-150 every time. 2008 cbr1000rr.

On a side note awesome job keeping up though, regardless its still a 1000cc bike that can run low tens and trap 140+ you did great staying as close as you did

Nicely put :rockon:

BM1

Established Member
a stock liter bike is not trapping 150

I don't see a CBR1000RR doing it, but the BMW has already done it.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhtSLRVEnwM"]BMW S1000RR 1/4 mile performance test with Keith Dennis - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread