My Brand New F150, Problems Already

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
The water in the intercooler is not supposed to an issue anymore. My 18 2.7 doesn’t use a drop from what I can see at 5K changes. I did just order a UPR catch can for it. 35K miles.
Its not water, its oil in the intercooler. I didnt have have a catch can on my '12, but will on my 21

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting and I'll be following this thread. My truck is a 2021 with a 3.5 Ecoboost. I'm creeping up on 2k miles and I've had the truck since the end of July.

I planned on doing my first oil change around 2,500 miles. I don't care what Ford says. Plus they still need to fix the rattle sound that's right by my left ear where the two doors meet. Drives me nuts.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Open the rear door and look at the upper trim around the window frame. That is where mine was rattling. Same thing happened to mine and before i took it in i just started looking around.

It is loose when the door is open and if its not in the right position when you close the door it will rattle around.

This is the piece that was non-stop rattling on my truck.
IMG_0641.JPG

Last edited:

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Man, if I owned 3.5L EcoBoost, I'd be changing oil/filter every 3k. You got two turbos on there spinning at ridiculous rpm's, plus timing chain stretch potential. I'd be changing oil/filter all the time, haha, and if I wasn't actually doing it, I'd be thinking about it......

Good luck with these issues. Please keep us updated.

MG0h3

Established Member
We have a fleet of 3.5EB F150s at work ranging from 2015-2019 I believe. Around 25 or so.

No major problems and we push them hard. Usually running 6-10hrs a day 5 days a week.

I have noticed a few have what sounds like a rattling timing chain at startup.

Had the regular front hub failures that all Fords have if you’re off road a lot.

Maybe I wasn’t that picky with fit and finish since it was a work truck but considering what we put these things through, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Man, if I owned 3.5L EcoBoost, I'd be changing oil/filter every 3k. You got two turbos on there spinning at ridiculous rpm's, plus timing chain stretch potential. I'd be changing oil/filter all the time, haha, and if I wasn't actually doing it, I'd be thinking about it......

Good luck with these issues. Please keep us updated.

Yup.
Our '19 Explorer Sport 3.5L EB gets the oil changed 2500-3500 miles religiously by me with Mobil1 5W-30 & Motorcraft FL500S filter.
One hundred miles after the oil change, the oil already stinks terribly and it's filthy.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
We have a fleet of 3.5EB F150s at work ranging from 2015-2019 I believe. Around 25 or so.

No major problems and we push them hard. Usually running 6-10hrs a day 5 days a week.

I have noticed a few have what sounds like a rattling timing chain at startup.

Had the regular front hub failures that all Fords have if you’re off road a lot.

Maybe I wasn’t that picky with fit and finish since it was a work truck but considering what we put these things through, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one.

- Do you know how often they get serviced (miles)?
- Don't they get a lot of run time "idling" too?

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Wanted to update you guys on the issues I continue to have with my brand new truck.

Since we've last talked, the entire front end was painted because of rock chip damage that occurred at 9 days old. While it was being painted, Ford paid to have the two trim repainted due to defects in the paint from the factory... as mentioned above it looks like the two tone was still wet and something brushed up against it.

When at Corwin Ford in Reno, the service advisor looks at the defects and tells me "Man I think I'd like to talk you out of getting this fixed, there really isn't anything better than Ford Clear coat.." LOL I told him I preferred if it were "nothing better than Ford's post build Quality Inspection." Corwin Ford service was terrible, took 6 weeks to get it in to be completed, another month to have it returned to me.

Had an issue with my drivers side window. When the window is down, you hit the auto window up button. Window went completely up, and then back down 3 inches without stopping. Did this for about 24 hours. Spoke to a buddy who has several brand new Super Duties for his business. Said he had the exact issue and that Ford fixed it with a software update.

Took the truck in for that, received the software update.

Also received a software update because my SYNC stopped working properly during phone calls.

My truck was recalled for the Trailer Brake Issue, also had a software update for this.

Current State:

My truck is in the driveway since Saturday... AND MY WINDOWS ARE DOWN BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT GO UP. Tried for hours to get them to go up. I called the 1-800 Ford number, they've created another complaint. This was the first time I put the rear windows down since I've owned it.

I hate Ford's new vehicle Quality. I work in the Quality department of an American Auto Maker (cant say who but its not Ford, Jeep, GM, etc. ) and I thought we were bad... Jesus. I told the 1-800 Ford customer service rep that I haven't even had the opportunity to put license plates on it yet because its been in the shop longer than in my driveway.

ANNNNNND now it looks like its going to be recalled for the transmission issue...

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow that's crazy and downright frustrating. I still have a massive rattle in the cab that drives me nuts...

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

ToddW702

Established Member
Is Corwin ford a new ford dealership in Reno? I lived there for a long time and Jones-West was the only Ford dealer. They were the worst I’ve ever experienced. Sucks to hear about your issues.

railroad

Established Member
I cannot imagine! I hope you are making efforts to lemon the truck. There is no way, it will ever be resolved and right.
I guess Ford is going to avoid getting stuck owning it again.
Good luck,

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Is Corwin ford a new ford dealership in Reno? I lived there for a long time and Jones-West was the only Ford dealer. They were the worst I’ve ever experienced. Sucks to hear about your issues.

Was Jones-West, now Corwin.

Interesting fact about Jones-West Ford and the Drug Dealing going on at the dealership...

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
I cannot imagine! I hope you are making efforts to lemon the truck. There is no way, it will ever be resolved and right.
I guess Ford is going to avoid getting stuck owning it again.
Good luck,
Took it in to Ford in Fallon, NV today. Tech determined the master window switch is sending a "down" signal to the windows all the time. He de-pinned it while waiting on a new switch to come in.

Ironically my old Police Department is having similar issues in their new Explorer Police Interceptors.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Note to self,..........stay away from the 2021/2022 F150's. lol

I kid, I kid. They're alright.
Good luck OP!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Bruh, I'd rather have a pinecone shoved in my ass than deal with this truck again. I begin the oil consumption investigation with Ford in two weeks...
Damnnnnnnn,..........lol

Good luck man. I'm going to stick with the best, the Ram trucks. (y)(y)

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Quick Update

I went back to the dealership for the 1.5 hour window switch replacement. I got off work at 7am and drove to the dealership. Got there for my 8am appointment and just kind of relaxed in the waiting room. At 9:26 the advisor comes back in and says, "yeah, they sent us the wrong part."
When I went to grab the truck and noticed two screw driver pry marks in my trim. The dealership has so far acknowledged it, haven't agreed to replace it, but they do see the damage.
She is ordering the part "emergency" but its been 2 weeks and they still havent gotten the new switch in. All the meanwhile I still cannot roll down my windows.

Users who are viewing this thread