My Battery Relocation Project (MANY PICS!)

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Thanks for the info! I think I am just going to swap the battery to the passenger side of the engine bay (where the '04 intake would be) as I am doing a H122 swap which makes me move the battery. My plan is to just get more 1 or 2 gauge wire with a 125amp fuse inline from the (+) terminal to starter, and another 125amp fuse box to the battery (+). Then a (-) from the battery to ground, and using the engine's (-) as well. It, to me, is the same thing as oem wiring, just with more inline fuses incase something is over regulated.

If I can't find 125amp inline fuses (such as the ones subwoofer wiring systems use in a cylinder) I'll just use the subwoofer fuse holder and put the largest amp fuse I can find in them
Any thoughts?

PassengerSideEnginebayBatteryRelocation_zps60e402a3.jpg

Last edited:

SL0BRA650

NorCal.
Established Member
I recently just bought another cobra with a bettery reloacted to the trunk,

**Now im wonder why on every start up my gauges reset (all gauge needles flip).**
Can anyone educate me on the reason why the gauges reset on every start up? other than that its perfectly fine.

specizripn

Established Member
I'm not very good with wiring. I've reread this entire post like 100 times now and my brain hurts. Are the white and yellow wires spliced into the black and blue wires? Where do the black and blue wires come from, are they in the bundle with the red and white striped wire?

shurur

Established Member
Is the 30A relay really necessary? Also where did your run those wires for the relay?

Not as far as I can see..it is redundant..the relay in the fusebox is a 30A as well..same type...and could be connected the same way (by ign signal). You could branch off the output of the original relay from the fusebox that is already connected to the starter and split it with 15A fuses so it also runs to the rear solenoid as in the not-for-racing diagram.

The wires were run under the car as far as I can see...or you can run them through the Driver side firewall and along the door panel inside (probably better). forget about wire colors and just verify connectivity with a meter and long leads. Methodically connect one wire at a time per your chosen wiring diagram. And wrap electrical tape in tie down spots along the way, then tie-wrap as you go.

Last edited:

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
Sorry to drag this thread up (again), but I have a couple questions.

1) what hardware did you use to ground the battery? And where did you ground it? There doesn't really seem to be anything substantial in that area to find a suitable grounding point.

2) What is the smaller box against the rear trunk compartment? I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the write-up.

Thanks!

cobra187

"If you ain't first, you're last" -Ricky Bobby
Established Member
I am almost finished with my relocation kit. I followed the instructions to a T except added a kill switch. Nice write up OP. I know this is and old thread, but it has been more than helpful.

cobra187

"If you ain't first, you're last" -Ricky Bobby
Established Member
I am splicing the yellow and white wires into the white wire with red stripe. I think the blue wire was used for another mod. The black wire is just the yellow and white wires wrapped in electrical tape.

FR500M

Established Member
Ttt

For the Vortech PDF, got a pic of step F ?? Not quite getting whats being drilled out....

SVT3571

Established Member
Bumping an old thread here,

Can anyone confirm the relay pinouts? Hard to tell since the bundle is all covered in loom

86 - BLK - GND
85 - YLW - From White/Red wire in front harness
87 - RED - Fused ??Amp, going to solenoid post with battery feed?
30 - RED - going to "i" terminal?

And WHT to "S" terminal which heads to the OEM starter solenoid

Also, do these solenoids matter which post acts as A and B? Looks in the photos like A is actually heading to the starter rather than the battery

Users who are viewing this thread