My bada$$ 2000 Mustang build....

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
Simply awesome man. So glad to see awesome results like this.

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
Once again man, this is an amazing thread with sooooo much useful information. Kudos to you and all of the people that have helped out with this build.

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
fawk that thing moves out!!!!!!!!!!

congrats.... you have done amazing work and thank you very much for letting us be flys on the wall and watch you build

Areteracing

ON3ULUZ
Established Member
Just finished reading the thread. Beautiful car and one of the nicest builds I've ever seen. You forgot to thank your wife and dad on your list though. I kept thinking the whole time I was reading that not many wives would put up with all of the hours in the garage with a new baby at home. You are a very lucky man to have her and a dad that helps out. If anyone ever wants to know how much time you have in the car, just show them the first pics and the last and how much epoxy has worn off the floor. Great job.

95mmRenegade

Established Member
Thanks guys...

----------------------------- week update ----------------------------
We're almost ready for this weekend. I took off the front and rear bumper and skirts and started looking at where we could remove weight. Found a handful of things that were worked and pulled 20# out of the car. May not sound like alot but when you figure.

20#
50# ballast in rear
50# of ballast in middle
30# of ballast in front
30# fuel cell change

That will get us in the ballpark for a race in September where we are not required to weigh 3300-3400. There are still 5 or 6 more places I can remove hopefully another 20-30lbs.

We're going to be out @ MIR this friday for their outlaw drag radial class. Everyone is hoping we can dip in to the 40s. Weather should be in the 70s for the evening runs.

apex632

Established Member
Love the idea for the build, but it may not be all that fun on the street with the glide. It could be, but your tranny temps may be high and what not. The build sounds more like a strip car. Can't wait to see how the build progresses.

Sickness23

Jaegermeister Racing
Established Member
Love the idea for the build, but it may not be all that fun on the street with the glide. It could be, but your tranny temps may be high and what not. The build sounds more like a strip car. Can't wait to see how the build progresses.

are you being serious?

95mmRenegade

Established Member

It is fun on the street to cruise with that much power and just NAIL the gas. Tranny temps are only above 230 when your on it for an extended period of time.

95mmRenegade

Established Member
We're slowly getting there, as usual with new car blues we're finding small shit that needs to be addressed. One thing that is a problem is our IATs are through the roof and we found something in the intercooler setup that needs to be fixed. We're also creeping up on the 60's. They were deadly consistent all night, If I remember correct they were all 1.35s with the exception of the one where it spun(1.7) and the last one 1.33. We ran about 25# of boost on the 191 or 193 pass so we're heading in the right direction, our best 1/8 mile hit was a 5.0000000 @ 153 still again with the 1.35 60'. If we had more time I definitely think we could have made the correct changes and gotten down the track alittle faster.

First test hit we make a 1/8 mile test hit, car went left but wheeled it back to the center of the track, very soft 5.1 @ 150mph pass. 1.35 60', A/F was right where we left it last time low 10:1.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh20Vza74vM"]YouTube - test_hit_MIR_8/8/08[/ame]

First round qualifier we slid in the right lane and had bad luck, spun the tires at the hit pedaled it and went a 8.1 @ 189 1.7 60'. Car felt strong in the mid range

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giFuLXnqMp8"]YouTube - 8/8/08 Real Street 1st round pass[/ame]

2nd round qualifier we switched to the left lane that seems to hook alittle better maybe its our luck. Put a soft tuneup that we knew would go down the track. Made a very soft 7.59 @ 191 1.35 60'

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjuoWRkSJgg"]YouTube - 2nd round qualifier LSx turbo mustang[/ame]

1st round we drew Scott Bitzer who is very fast. Put alittle more tuneup in it and had some issues at the top of the track, let out and went another 7.58 @ 180 with another 1.35 60'. We busted a nice .007 light on that run.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oynTqvF3P3Q"]YouTube - 8/8/08 Real Street 3rdt round pass[/ame]

2nd round action we drew the infamous Richie Stine who is killer on the tree and deadly consistent. We added alittle more power, tree'd his ass but it shook the tires HARD 100' out, but did go a 1.33 60'

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za5EiXHDCjc"]YouTube - 4th round 8/8/08 real street[/ame]

Last edited:

95mmRenegade

Established Member
IMG_00523.JPG

IMG_00215.JPG

IMG_00224.JPG

IMG_00274.JPG

IMG_00408.JPG

IMG_00315.JPG

IMG_00360.JPG

IMG_00483.JPG

bgfrulla1

Established Member
and everyone told me I was crazy for trying to find a v6 body for my new motor and rearend. I bet taking on that project would be overwhelming in the middle when you have 100 things started and it seems nothing is getting finished with no end in sight. Keep up the good work. I will post mine if I ever get mine .AWESOME!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread