My AED Built 2V Mustang

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
I posted some pics on here a while back but I have never put anything up regarding the transformation in recently went through back in December. Got tired of the stock power of the 2V so I started looking around for different cars (cobras, corvette's, etc.) then soon realized, why not go for some crazy numbers with the little 2V? Never really seen too many built 2V's in California especially without a stroker so i figured what the hell. I had Shaun over at AED build me a longblock which I then picked up, finished assembly, installed and broke in. After break in I finished mounting the blower, fabbing the intercooler/piping, and finished off the fuel system. When the engine was out I ended up cleaning and repainting the bay myself just to get everything looking clean to go along with the entirely new engine. Also if anyone is curious about this thing and Commifornia smog, this exact setup with stock midpipe recently passed smog with 0.0 measured HC, 0.0 measured CO, and below average NOx even with the EGR disabled.

After another round of fine tuning and motor break in the car made 556hp 514tq @17psi, 91 octane, 84% duty cycle. This is all with a 6 rib setup using the same belt as first startup back in March and it had no signs of belt slip :). Happy with the results even though that same night I blew the clutch lol.

Had a quick photoshoot on the way back from Tuning this past Saturday so I included some pics below the mod list Enjoy :)

Mods:
-Iron block bored to a 284
-Manley H beam rods
-Probe pistons
-ARP Mains/Head studs
-Cobra oil pump and windage tray
-Kellog forged crank
-Patriot stage 3 heads (rebuilt by shaun to fix valve stem seal issues)
-Custom grind comp cam blower cams
-Vortech V2 (upgraded to Si)
-10% OD Innovaters West lower
-3.12 vortech 6 rib pulley
-Treadstone TR10 Intercooler
-Custom 3" piping powdercoated gloss black
-Tial Alpha Q BOV
-05+ HPX Slot MAF
-Cobra Fuel Tank
-Fore dual pump hat
-Dual Ford GT Pumps
-Upgraded power wiring with Lethal Dual FPDM
-60lb injectors
-Accufab 70mm tb/plenum and stock plastic intake
-Stock Manifolds to O/R Prochamber to Borla Stingers
-Built rear with 3.73's
-315/35/18 Toyo TQ Drag Radials on 18X10 saleens
-Bunch of Suspension mods, Cobra body parts, etc...

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

Here is a video of the dyno pulls. Make sure to change it to 720p before watching and if you want a better look at the boost gauge you might wanna go full screen as well.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgmB7YCVt4k"]YouTube- Blown 284[/nomedia]

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
Great numbers and the car looks great!

How come you went with the Patriot stage 3 heads over the new Trick Flow heads?

What clutch are you running.

By the way the cams sounds nice :beer:

DevilSun

Established Member
Very, VERY nice. Car looks awesome, sounds awesome, and appears to be a beast! Those AED guys seem to be an awesome crew, can't wait to let them wrench on my ride (and especially tune it).

Users who are viewing this thread