my 99 lightning vs. 98 cobra

12leavu

Established Member
http://booker3.home.mchsi.com/Dzl5361.mpg

This is my first ever video. also my first video post. It plays fine on one of my players, but the sound skips on another. Let me know if the sound sucks.....Oh yeah, this is a 1998 cobra vs my 1999 lightning. He gets a hell of a jump, while i'm messing with the camera. (please save taget as)

12leavu

Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno
man kinda bogged down alot going into 3rd there

yeah, my shift point is set too low, and the convertor isn't acting correct. i sent a copy of the vid to my tuner so he could see it. I'm supposed to be going by to get it re tuned next week....

anyhow, he got smoked with the granny shifting.

r6bullet

Established Member
I love the way your truck wines!! Very nice, I have been thinking about getting a lightning and your truck only helps with that desion.

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
Originally posted by 12leavu
http://booker3.home.mchsi.com/Dzl5361.mpg

This is my first ever video. also my first video post. It plays fine on one of my players, but the sound skips on another. Let me know if the sound sucks.....Oh yeah, this is a 1998 cobra vs my 1999 lightning. He gets a hell of a jump, while i'm messing with the camera. (please save taget as)

what have you done to your engine??

btw, good kill:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
all u need to do is the boost bypass and u dont have to worry about it dropping off boost like that anymore. btw good kill.

12leavu

Established Member
Originally posted by Vanride69
all u need to do is the boost bypass and u dont have to worry about it dropping off boost like that anymore. btw good kill.

its the tune. i'm getting it fixed today, thanks.

12leavu

Established Member
Re: Re: my 99 lightning vs. 98 cobra

Originally posted by team23jordan
what have you done to your engine??

4lb lower, 2lb upper, self ported blower, modded airbox, magnaflow catback, 90mm maf, preadator tune, e-fan. i think thats it.
:)

12leavu

Established Member
I ran a best of a 12.83 last fall on the stock tires. my mph was 105 -106. Since then I've added the ported blower, electric fans, nitto drag radials and some lakewood traction bars. my truck picked up 30 rwhp, since then on the dyno, so i beleive it should get down to the mid to low 12's this year.

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
SWEET!!!!

I hope ya make it over here for Cruisin the Coast. I have a white 99 with powder coated white rims. Looks good, runs ok. Make ya can lend me some pointers!

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Sound sucked, but great kill, I can't wait to get some mods done.

Originally posted by SVTman75
SWEET!!!!
I hope ya make it over here for Cruisin the Coast. I have a white 99 with powder coated white rims. Looks good, runs ok. Make ya can lend me some pointers!
Sorry to change the subject but got any pics? I've been looking for white wheels for my L

12leavu

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTman75
SWEET!!!!

Hey, i will definetly be at cruisin the coast. we'll get together then. BTW: did you buy your truck near bay st. louis????

if so, i stopped and looked at it one day. VERY nice.

Users who are viewing this thread