My '70 Mach 1

flattrack53

Established Member
Yea, buying a gun store was the WRONG way to have free time. :lol1:

I now have a TON of parts just waiting to go into the car!

You could always install some James Bond features on your car. That way you still get to play with your car and the guns :rockon:

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Beautiful Mach! I like the direction you're going with it, also.

Did I miss this project on the Registry?

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
What Registry?

I'm also on 69Stang.com with the build. But, I haven't had much/any free time to get the motor/trans swap done since they arrived. The car is still in drivable condition with the Cleveland and Top Loader. I'd rather wait to tear it apart until my schedule affords a bit of time to get the next step done. I hate disabled vehicles for long periods of time. Then again, don't we all! HA HA!

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
No, the motor/trans swap still hasn't happened.

My store has pretty much consumed my personal life, and I just don't have time for the car. I'm selling it, so someone with more time can enjoy it. Anyone seriously interested can PM me.

Info, and a few pics, can be found here....

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=16202

Last edited:

Steveespo

Established Member
Powershift03
You are inspiring me to do a similar 70 T/A build, only I plan on using the Coyote out of my current car when I upgrade it with an MMR or Aluminator build.
Your car is awesome, glad to see there is a nice 13" brake kit out there. Great job.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Moving along. I'm getting ready to FINALLY do my motor/trans swap. Evaluating my fuel upgrades now. Swapping to 1/2" feed line to support the Keith Craft 408. Running a combo of 1/2" solid line, and some braided stuff. Got a custom 1/2" pickup, and inline fuel filter.

Motor and trans coming out next weekend! I got really lucky at my gun shop. Our new neighbor just happens to be a hot rod shop. And, I've made good friends with the owner. They build high end cars, and he really wants to see my Mach done. So, he and I are working on it next Sat and Sun while his shop is closed. And, being RIGHT next door to my shop it's pretty damn convenient!

jp7ddw.jpg

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Very cool to see you still working on this! I saw your for sale ad over on 1969stang.com forum and that is a great price. Looking forward to updates!

Users who are viewing this thread