My '70 Mach 1

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Thanks!! Early Camaros pull of the Trans Am race theme really well too. Best of luck!

Just got one of my new Scat Pro Car seats installed tonight. I love the vintage look, but with modern seat support.

14lsi81.jpg

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Got the brakes done today, and took it for a quick test drive around the block. I'll properly bed the pads tomorrow.

Fronts...
rutnbm.jpg

Rears...
2iksajs.jpg

A shot of both Scat Pro Car seats installed...
desdxj.jpg

And, I finally found a place to make me some 3" racing lug nuts to fit my Vintage 48 wheels! I should have the full set tomorrow. They are made of T6 6061 Aluminum, acid washed, and hard Anodized. The same company makes them for all the SCCA, and vintage Trans Am series, race cars...

23kdlxh.jpg

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Do you DD this car? My dream car is to have a 1969 Fastback and do similar to what you are doing. It would be a DD because I don't believe in garage queens. It's very possible by years end I will be seeking advice from you to help find a clean ride.

I like what you've done so far, keep it up!!!

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I don't use it as a DD, but I certainly could. The thought of leaving it in parking lots everyday, subjecting it to door dings, and absent minded drivers, just makes the car too valuable to use for everyday use. I drive it a lot though, several times a week. And, once the 4 speed is out, and the 5 speed is in, the range in which I drive the car will be extended QUITE a lot.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Took the Mach to it's last car show with the 351C/4 speed combo on Saturday. It was in Morro Bay, Calif.

I linked up with the end of the Car Craft Anti-Tour group, and parked with the cars who made the trip up from down south. The Morro Bay car show reserves nearly an entire block for the Car Craft entries.

In with the CC group was this awesome road race '65 Mustang. He was on full road race tires, and running an FRPP 392 stroker. His exhaust was by Spintech, who will be building my exhaust as well. It gave me a great idea of how my Mach will sound when done. Only I will be running a much more aggressive cam.

[youtube_browser]oeEvWGCtUOE&feature=youtu.be[/youtube_browser]

Here is a quick, crappy, pic of the Mach. I snapped it just as I was about to leave for home. By the way, the new brakes feel GREAT!! The car stops like my old Cobra R. It's AWESOME.

1zmd0ky.jpg

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
70' mach 1's had the center console didnt they? My Dad has a 69' mach 1 and we're planning on getting rid of the center console in ours. After seeing how nice your interior is without it, it's a must now.

Nice list of parts as well. Nice build/car. Looks amazing

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
^ i agree, it looks much cleaner. I like your steering wheel too. The interior looks brand new on your car.

What kind of seat belts do you have if you dont mind me asking?

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Just picked up my new custom aluminum Radiator today.

It's 26" wide, two core, crossflow, with twin 10" SPAL electric fans, in an aluminum shroud. This should keep the new 408w beasty nice and cool....

v8mr9w.jpg

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I've got the rear Disc setup nearly done. Just need to connect the E-brake, and plumb the brake lines.

"Street or Track" builds AWESOME gear. This stuff is all going together like factory parts. Their custom brackets are top notch, and everything fits great.

Another quick Iphone pic....
23robh2.jpg

It's going to look good with the rear wheels on too!
2la4uf4.jpg

thank you so much for posting this!! i have been looking high and low for brake brackets to mate sn95 cobra brakes to a sra with 9" ends (big late torino style)

this looks it like might be just the ticket!

http://www.streetortrack.com/files/images/st/Cobrabrackets.pdf

and congrats on the great progress of your beautiful mach 1! :beer:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread