My 4.6L 3v to 5.4L 4v GT500 swap...

Boozshey

Established Member
This was all done over a 3 day period having a donor car in the shop to be able to pull parts off of.

I have a 2005 GT and the motor came out of a 2009 GT500 with 9448miles on it. I will add that the car fired up on the first try without hesitation.

The difference in harness and I don't know if it's just my car, between the years, or between the models. Anyways, I had to cut and solder in a few of the wire harnesses to fit my application.
1) Rear lights, brakes/blinkers
2) Rear Bumper lights
3) Both passenger and driver seatbelt wires
4) Clutch Neutral switch
5) Capped off side airbag plugs

The swap consitited of:
Motor
Trans
K-Member
Front Brembo brakes
GT500 Fuel Pump
Complete harness
Computer
Front Fuse Box
Inside Fuse Box
Complete Leather Wrapped Dash
Instrument Cluster w/ My color buttons
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
Leather Wrapped E-Brake
Leather Wrapped Center console
Smart Info Rear View Mirror

PICS:
1.gif

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.gif

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.gif

9.jpg

11.jpg

12.gif

13.gif

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

Last edited:

32V05GT

Established Member
I probably spent a month or so on it. I didn't have a donor car right there, so when stuff came up I had to order it in. I didn't have much to go off of, so I had to just figure things out as I went.

Boozshey

Established Member
Well good job man. I know how difficult it was having the parts I needed right there... I'm not sure we would have went after like we did had we not. There were times, I know we would have had to order things had it not been for that.

32V05GT

Established Member
Yeah it was a total pain in the ass at times, I even wanted to burn it to the ground at one point. But I got it all sorted out and love it now. Pretty impressive on your end though to get all that accomplished and have it actually fire up right away. Any plans for mods?

Boozshey

Established Member
Im away from home right for 3 weeks. When I get back though I should have all the parts that equate to an evo stage 3 package. It will stay there for a while like that...

Yogi_The_Bear

Great job man. It looks good. I've been trying to undertake a similar project except I'm trying to go with the Ford GT motor with the compound boost setup they have for it.

Boozshey

Established Member
that would be cool do to. However with it being a rear facing blower... what blower are you planning on using on top of it?

Yogi_The_Bear

Not sure yet. This is still a idea in my head. I've got a lot of research to do not to mention I still have to acquire a GT block.

Users who are viewing this thread