My 2013 Shelby Widebody

rdsnk46

Established Member
After selling my 2008 GT500 in 2012 to buy a 13 when they debuted...... the 13 GT500 fully optioned car cost was not to much for me to spend but to much for a Mustang in my opinion. I wanted a newer Shelby to eclipse the path I'd laid in my 2008 Shelby, which was a tall order. I had made it a point to drag race my 08 and be the fastest bolt, DOT radial GT500.

With the help of many my 08 was running 10.0 @ 140 like clock work from 2008-2010. Fast forward to August of 2014 and I find a 2013 GT500 car fully opted and priced to sell so I pull the trigger.

Next order after purchase for my 13 was a 93 oct. bolt on package from Revan Racing tuned by Lund racing. Off to the track for 2 passes which netted an 11.0 and a 10.8 @ 130

Mod List:
S.W. LT's w/X-pipe
A.T.I. 10% OD
JLT Carbon 127mm CAI
FRPP twin 65mm TB
BPS Ported blower and over size inlet
BOB's catch cans
Lund Racing tune
Nitto 305/35/20 555R Drag radials

Second order was to have something I had wanted for many years, a wide body mustang. Again calling on Van @ Revan Racing he guided me to get the Shelby parts and a local shop in S. Fl did the install.

My plan with this car is to have a mid/bottom 9 second street car that looks as tough as it runs. Next step is to install new suspension in preparation for the MPR power plant I have waiting in the wings. I'm shooting for 1000 RWHP give or take.

I just want to thank Van @ Revan Racing
Jon @ Lund Racing
Matt and Sylvain @ BPS
Jim Bell @ Kenne Bell
Jared and the entire crew @ Lethal P
John @ M&H tires

These guys have been helping me race and go faster than 99.9% of all the GT500's on the street.
I know the wide body is not for everyone but I love it, biggest reason is the 18x13 HRE wheels out back with the 345/35/18 M&H drag radials. I hope to put some big power down once the suspension is setup!

Anyways...the weather has not been so hot but I was able to get this picture between rain at a local cars and coffee yesterday! It was her first outing.

IMG_20160320_091359_zpsyebiop4s.jpg

Hope to be ready for some runs in 3-6 months with new suspension and motor.. I'll post up my progress.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Parts on the shelf still to install:
Shelby carbon splitter
JLT paint match rad cover
Redline Shelby hood lift struts

rdsnk46

Established Member
It's the perception of the picture, also the wheels dont have a flat wheel edge the outer lip edge is rolled so its a very smooth look.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
holy shit that looks killer rdsnk46 :thumbsup:, I love the wide body look and the Shelby 1000 hood looks badass, did you end up using the 3.6KB

rdsnk46

Established Member
holy shit that looks killer rdsnk46 :thumbsup:, I love the wide body look and the Shelby 1000 hood looks badass, did you end up using the 3.6KB

Thanks a lot man, I went all in on this project......it is not for the weak at heart! LOL

I think the K.B. 3.6 will be the icing on the cake, probably the last piece of the puzzle. I bought XBA/KB 168 TB to go with my BPS ported blower to start. I've seen the 2.3 go far and I want to try it out first. Built short block, ported heads, cams and full timing upgrade with E-85. I'll see where that takes me first but I bought the hood for a reason! :rolling:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The Shelby WB kit was the one mod I never got to that I really wanted to do. Kudos to you for actually doing it.

More photos, please!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks a lot man, I went all in on this project......it is not for the weak at heart! LOL

I think the K.B. 3.6 will be the icing on the cake, probably the last piece of the puzzle. I bought XBA/KB 168 TB to go with my BPS ported blower to start. I've seen the 2.3 go far and I want to try it out first. Built short block, ported heads, cams and full timing upgrade with E-85. I'll see where that takes me first but I bought the hood for a reason! :rolling:
That's awesome man, I definitely think with your build a 3.6KB would make stupid power. But the TVS is a killer supercharger as well, I personally wish I had kept mine. I'm working hard to make my build insane as well but you raised the bar. I can't get over how insane your Shelby looks with the wide body.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
What about a twin turbo setup or possibly single turbo? Leave the blown cars behind!!!

Bad ass ride, only thing I would do is air suspension so ride height can adjust on the fly. Oh yea, and a twin turbo setup too. Plus weight reduction! :eek:

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
What about a twin turbo setup or possibly single turbo? Leave the blown cars behind!!!

Bad ass ride, only thing I would do is air suspension so ride height can adjust on the fly. Oh yea, and a twin turbo setup too. Plus weight reduction! :eek:

Twin turbos or a even a single turbo is a bit of a PITA on GT500s and with a monster Whippe or KB you can make 1000+ HP very easy.

rdsnk46

Established Member
The Shelby WB kit was the one mod I never got to that I really wanted to do. Kudos to you for actually doing it.

More photos, please!

There were moments when I had moved beyond the point of no return and I thought I'd kill myself but in the end the result was absolutely worth it. My body guy did not want to do it, he begged me to buy a V6 and not WB the Shelby. He changed his mind after it was complete though, I think he's going to retire now! LOL, thanks TOB

rdsnk46

Established Member
That's awesome man, I definitely think with your build a 3.6KB would make stupid power. But the TVS is a killer supercharger as well, I personally wish I had kept mine. I'm working hard to make my build insane as well but you raised the bar. I can't get over how insane your Shelby looks with the wide body.

This will most likely be my last build of this sort in my lifetime, I think I'll move on to a different platform soon. I've been wanting an exotic for a while so when the day comes I feel the Shelby must go I'm switching gears.

Huracan
McClaren
Porsche

Not sure which way yet but @ 41 yrs old I've promised myself a big 50th car so only time will tell.

I'd say if you can do it, go for it. We only get one life to live, might as well do all that you can during it! :coolman:

03kbredfire

Established Member
After selling my 2008 GT500 in 2012 to buy a 13 when they debuted...... the 13 GT500 fully optioned car cost was not to much for me to spend but to much for a Mustang in my opinion. I wanted a newer Shelby to eclipse the path I'd laid in my 2008 Shelby, which was a tall order. I had made it a point to drag race my 08 and be the fastest bolt, DOT radial GT500.

With the help of many my 08 was running 10.0 @ 140 like clock work from 2008-2010. Fast forward to August of 2014 and I find a 2013 GT500 car fully opted and priced to sell so I pull the trigger.

Next order after purchase for my 13 was a 93 oct. bolt on package from Revan Racing tuned by Lund racing. Off to the track for 2 passes which netted an 11.0 and a 10.8 @ 130

Mod List:
S.W. LT's w/X-pipe
A.T.I. 10% OD
JLT Carbon 127mm CAI
FRPP twin 65mm TB
BPS Ported blower and over size inlet
BOB's catch cans
Lund Racing tune
Nitto 305/35/20 555R Drag radials

Second order was to have something I had wanted for many years, a wide body mustang. Again calling on Van @ Revan Racing he guided me to get the Shelby parts and a local shop in S. Fl did the install.

My plan with this car is to have a mid/bottom 9 second street car that looks as tough as it runs. Next step is to install new suspension in preparation for the MPR power plant I have waiting in the wings. I'm shooting for 1000 RWHP give or take.

I just want to thank Van @ Revan Racing
Jon @ Lund Racing
Matt and Sylvain @ BPS
Jim Bell @ Kenne Bell
Jared and the entire crew @ Lethal P
John @ M&H tires

These guys have been helping me race and go faster than 99.9% of all the GT500's on the street.
I know the wide body is not for everyone but I love it, biggest reason is the 18x13 HRE wheels out back with the 345/35/18 M&H drag radials. I hope to put some big power down once the suspension is setup!

Anyways...the weather has not been so hot but I was able to get this picture between rain at a local cars and coffee yesterday! It was her first outing.

View attachment 63249

Hope to be ready for some runs in 3-6 months with new suspension and motor.. I'll post up my progress.

Is the widebody kit still available? I purchased my car with the intention of making it a widebody GT500. Could not bring myself to take the plunge, Still want to.

rdsnk46

Established Member

Twin turbos or a even a single turbo is a bit of a PITA on GT500s and with a monster Whippe or KB you can make 1000+ HP very easy.

I've seen what a 1200 HP compound setup can do both at the track and the street. This car is built for the street and will have track duty as a bonus. If I was to build an all out track car I'd build a turbo kit but for the street big blower(maybe some spray) is the way to go 100%.

Instant boost and no waiting for power is the only way to go on the street. Not sure if you guys remember Tony Alm, TheBull here on SVT but he and I used to battle on the street and at the track. He'd win at the track but I'd win on the street.

The air ride looks awesome but I think that some springs and the proper suspension parts will be the best bet for getting the car down the track.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Is the widebody kit still available? I purchased my car with the intention of making it a widebody GT500. Could not bring myself to take the plunge, Still want to.

Absolutely available from my understanding, as for taking the plunge.... You must commit 100% LOL! No turning back thats for sure..

Users who are viewing this thread