My 1990 Mustang Build w/ 03 Cobra Motor. LOTS OF PCTURES

Street Warrior

SVT Power
Established Member
I'd like to share my build on my 1990 Wild Strawberry Mustang I bought new when I was 19.
This car has gone from a street terror, to a race car, and now going back to better than new condition.
I have a 2003 Cobra donor car that I'm swapping everything over other than the IRS and the interior but have some added touches. :banana:

Enjoy!

Donor Car

167504_1674355710216_1577139373_1604858_1064745_n1.jpg

I had the car repainted and all the little dings worked out.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

Engine compartment all smooth....

4-1.jpg

5.jpg

Blacked out tail lights and smoked headlights with HID's

18.jpg

19.jpg

Complete sound deadening throughout the car...

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

New headliner with the original map light and 1993 Bug Eyes.

25.jpg

New Cobra brakes on all for corners. Had the disk powder coated so they stay looking good. QA1 Struts and shocks with UPR K-Member.

35.jpg

36.jpg

Engine compartment wiring. I bought new Elliot Tape, engine harness tape, and I'm re wrapping every harness.
In the process, I removed ABS and any other unnecessary wiring.

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

The power plant, total rebuilt by Tim Lynch @ Proline.
Upgraded the rod bolts, main bolts, head bolts, pistons.
Powder coated the valve covers, timing cover, coil covers, cross over tube, ect.....
Metco 2lb lower, New alternator from Start & Charge, New A/C.
Bassani mid length headers powder coated too...
Cooling mod from D'Agostino Racing

View attachment 81119
27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

Well, got the clutch installed and dropped the engine in with some massaging!!!

DSCN0378.jpg

DSCN0382.jpg

Making progress!!!!
43.jpg

Undercoat

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

Couple of updated pictures

DSCN2613_zps86dde68c.jpg

DSCN2614_zps752bf0ae.jpg

DSCN2615_zps42cc4ac5.jpg

Tranny's in
DSCN2617_zps6f38c372.jpg

Is the Engine close the firewall?
DSCN2620_zps49698e22.jpg

blacksheep-1

Established Member
Beautiful!! Outstanding workmanship!
What did you use on the bottom of the car (the grey stuff) and how well does that insulation adhere to the roof?

DRCjasper

Established Member
That's a beautiful project. What are you doing about wiring the dash? Are you swapping to the cobra stuff or wiring it to work with the stock equipment?

Wikkd03

Established Member
That is gonna be awesome when it's done. Everything is so clean and it looks great

Street Warrior

SVT Power
Established Member
That's a beautiful project. What are you doing about wiring the dash? Are you swapping to the cobra stuff or wiring it to work with the stock equipment?

Going to use all factory Fox Body interior with some upgrades to the seats and door panels. I installed the 03 harness and slowly swaping stuff over to work with the Fox Body ignition, windows, door locks, lights ect...
I'm working on the fuel system right now, gonna be a few weeks before I get back to wiring.
Wiring NIGHTMARE!!!

29-1.jpg

28-1.jpg

27-1.jpg

DRCjasper

Established Member
Going to use all factory Fox Body interior with some upgrades to the seats and door panels. I installed the 03 harness and slowly swaping stuff over to work with the Fox Body ignition, windows, door locks, lights ect...
I'm working on the fuel system right now, gonna be a few weeks before I get back to wiring.
Wiring NIGHTMARE!!!

That's what I've heard. I know a guy with a notch that did the conversion and I was picking his brain about the project. He said the number one PITA was trying to wire everything to work with the stock fox dash. Keep us up to date on this one. Awesome project!

Street Warrior

SVT Power
Established Member
Beautiful!! Outstanding workmanship!
What did you use on the bottom of the car (the grey stuff) and how well does that insulation adhere to the roof?

I used Lizzard Skin Ceramic Insulation on the bottom for heat control since I have the sound matting inside the car. Stuff is great, easy to apply and light! Wish I would have preped the surface better thou..

The insulation on the roof is Second Skin, great stuff. Car should be Dead Quiet inside. I also used RAAMMAT though out the car.

Second Skin - Better product, eaiser to use -cost more
RAAMMAT - I used there older stuff which was a PITA to use! They since then have changed it and think it's better - cheaper cost

Hope this helps and thanks for the coments!!

Users who are viewing this thread