My 08 Z06 Vs 1st Gen. Viper

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Other night I was driving home pretty late around midnight or so on a 5 lane HWY with not too many cars around...It was cool weather around the low 60's so the Z06 was running nice:banana: ( PRW) perfect racing weather , cool and cars runs like a raped ape......I encountered what looked like a 1st gen Viper...Looked dark gray with stripes...Too dark to see anything more in particular, but Super loud exhaust, could almost hear it over my car with my windows up.... Anyway he ended up being a cool dude, we raced about 4 times all of them ending around 160 mph...We started from a 50,60 and 70 mph roll and all 4 times we would be pretty close ( he was half car ahead) till about 125 or so , from there he would put a 2-3 cars on me everytime...In fact it was right at the end of my 3rd gear and all into 4th is when he would pull me gradually. Anyway once he exited the HWY i gave a couple honks and a waive and he did the same...cool guy..:beer:
Now I know I can pull a 1st gen Viper but not on this night, :D Iam sure he was modded but just dying to know what ...All in all I had some fun , Really could care less I lost ,... ..I love all cars and not delusional that my Z06 can beat anything...:lol:
Just awesome to run into a older viper who was ***in fast! ;-) , You almost never see 1st gens anymore, let alone modded ones..

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
nice story, I feel the same way, I can appreciate a car thats faster than mine :thumbsup: I know there are plenty lol nice death

Zentenk

Established Member
Did they have gray with stripes as first gen? I don't remember... But a first Gen walking a C6 Z06 would need a good hp bump.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Did they have gray with stripes as first gen? I don't remember... But a first Gen walking a C6 Z06 would need a good hp bump.

Side pipes or rear pipes would quickly tell us which gen

Anyway, a Roe blower is an easy bolt on that would give a gen 1 more than enough power to walk a Z

obZidian

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhOcRp1L688&feature=related"]YouTube- ROE Supercharged Viper GTS running 10.84 in the 1/4 Mile[/nomedia]

Something like that? It says in the comments that this car usually trapped in the low 130's which makes sense if its a 132-133mph car. How much power you think this car is making with 10lbs. plus meth? I have no idea as I almost never look at vipers.

3 cars to 160mph is just about there.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
YouTube- ROE Supercharged Viper GTS running 10.84 in the 1/4 Mile

Something like that? It says in the comments that this car usually trapped in the low 130's which makes sense if its a 132-133mph car. How much power you think this car is making with 10lbs. plus meth? I have no idea as I almost never look at vipers.

3 cars to 160mph is just about there.

A 10# roe with meth would be in the ~600-650rw range with no other mods and pump gas.

I run a Roe, but with a built 540", and put 800/850 down.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
those 1st gen motors are known for loving the giggle juice too. weird how he pulled ur hard uptop. thats why id think spray. a blower would keep a constant pull id think. hopefully you find the guy again and find out whats under that hood.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
thanks guys, Iam prolly gonna have to say it had the middle tips out in the back rather than side pipes...not 100% sure though ...like i said we were fairly close for a little bit , once we got passed 120 is when he started to pull me ...

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Modded C6 Z06 don't lose to much the Viper must have been pretty bad assed. Good death probably doen't happen to you much.

Users who are viewing this thread