My 03 Zinc yellow cobra update!!

Wonder

Established Member
Happy thanksgiving everybody hopefully you guys are having a good day/night :)

So update on my cobra. Since buying the car I took the stripes off , I changed the intake it previously had and i changed it to a JLT RAI, I installed a mgw short shifter because the oem one is incredibly long and I recently bought new wheels and got new tires for the rear which are Toyo Tires R888R proxes 315/35/17. That is pretty much it for now but I wanted to buy a pulley next, any suggestion on a good one? I was thinking of getting a Metco 2.80 pulley from lethal performance but I don’t know what idler or belt size I should get if I do go with that size.

Also I’ve had two issues since owning the car. First issue is that I get locked out of my 4th gear when I try racing but it’s fine when I’m driving regular. And my second issue is that I recently got a P0320 engine code which I’m pretty sure it’s my crank sensor but my car starts up fine and doesn’t have a hard time while idling so I erased the engine light and drove it around to see if it’ll pop up again but it hasn’t should I be worried about it?

Here are pics of my car now :)
2A8ACA11-FA1E-4E56-8AF5-85FA9C580EA1.jpeg
80EA5C8D-A775-4438-B41E-0641B4572DF2.jpeg
31BCC25B-DF58-4578-82FD-AB2DD0A16A70.jpeg

muscleatsrice

Established Member
I have the Steeda 2.8 pulley. Looks good, and has great price point. I make 13 psi with it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

NotSatisfied

Established Member
Nice car I have an excel spreadsheet that has formulas and calculators for belt sizes based on pulleys etc.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It does look look like SY in the first photo, doesn't it. The other two look more like ZY with high contrast. Stunning Cobra!

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
Happy thanksgiving everybody hopefully you guys are having a good day/night :)

So update on my cobra. Since buying the car I took the stripes off , I changed the intake it previously had and i changed it to a JLT RAI, I installed a mgw short shifter because the oem one is incredibly long and I recently bought new wheels and got new tires for the rear which are Toyo Tires R888R proxes 315/35/17. That is pretty much it for now but I wanted to buy a pulley next, any suggestion on a good one? I was thinking of getting a Metco 2.80 pulley from lethal performance but I don’t know what idler or belt size I should get if I do go with that size.

Also I’ve had two issues since owning the car. First issue is that I get locked out of my 4th gear when I try racing but it’s fine when I’m driving regular. And my second issue is that I recently got a P0320 engine code which I’m pretty sure it’s my crank sensor but my car starts up fine and doesn’t have a hard time while idling so I erased the engine light and drove it around to see if it’ll pop up again but it hasn’t should I be worried about it?

Here are pics of my car now :)
View attachment 1770683View attachment 1770684View attachment 1770685

Users who are viewing this thread