My 03 Z06 vs. Lexus ISF

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
Last time I was at the track I was able to run an ISF... His front bumper was right at my door through first and part of second (I wasn't able to floor it in first or power shift second due to traction) but by the top of second he was at my back bumper, I put a full car on him in third, and kept walking away in fourth. Too bad the timer wasn't working at the track :fm: it would have been nice to see the times.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
They weigh almost 3800 lbs..
The vehicle features a 5.0 L direct-injected V8 producing 416 SAE hp at 6,600 rpm, while peak torque is 371 ft·lbf at 5,200 rpm..(Website)

So that means it cant be making no more than 350-360 rwhp and like 300/310rwtq ....to the wheels stock
Iam sure it moves but I dont think well see 116 traps like above stated ..
I think well see more 110-112 ...

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
The vehicle features a 5.0 L direct-injected V8 producing 416 SAE hp at 6,600 rpm, while peak torque is 371 ft·lbf at 5,200 rpm..(Website)

So that means it cant be making no more than 350-360 rwhp and like 300/310rwtq ....to the wheels stock

I think they have a 7 or 8 speed auto so they are geared real short to get that mass moving.

Digital

Established Member
I ran one a while back and posted. They are extremely nice looking and sounding cars, plus the inside is luxury, nice to see toyota going that route with atleast one car.
The guy I raced was a total ricer ass so I didnt get a good grasp of the power but the power to weight isnt the greatest, least not against a c6 z06 or a full bolt and pullied cobra.

Needless to say I dusted him and I was fairly surprised you didnt do the same in your post.
Your track times are a little on the slower side are you running run flats or something?

Deuuuce

Established Member

8 speed tranny, top of 4th is 115.5mph. C&D trapped 114 mph. 2 mph higher than that seems possible with 8a tranny but 117mph seems awfully high.

I'll be curious to see how others do.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Cmon man...
03/04 Cobras with 430 rwhp like a 3.0 pulley do 117/118 on a good day ,,
No way this car touches 115..

Wintermute

Banned
Last time I was at the track I was able to run an ISF... His front bumper was right at my door through first and part of second (I wasn't able to floor it in first or power shift second due to traction) but by the top of second he was at my back bumper, I put a full car on him in third, and kept walking away in fourth. Too bad the timer wasn't working at the track :fm: it would have been nice to see the times.

How is it that you went .7 faster in your exhaust-only cobra than the Z ? Should be a low 12 / high 11 car, bro.

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
How is it that you went .7 faster in your exhaust-only cobra than the Z ? Should be a low 12 / high 11 car, bro.

Because in the Cobra I ran at a sea level track, with temps in the low 60's, and the track was prepped (Portland International Raceway March/April).

Notice I put the conditions for my times in the Z (Las Vegas Motor Speedway July/August). That and there was ZERO track prep so I spun through the top of first and almost all of second gear.

Given drag radials, track prep, and good weather I have no doubt I could run low 12's, high 11's in the Z... even in Las Vegas.

C6Z06427

Established Member
Nice runs. The ISF is quick for what it is. I had the opportunity to test drive one of them and it pulled pretty good from a low roll up to 120. What really surprised me the most was how well the exhaust sounded on the car. I was expected some ricey, but it sounded like a american V8 in there.

electrikoptik

Get to the choppa!
Established Member
Stock IS-F dyno
16729-2008-Lexus-IS-F-Dyno.jpg

GroceryGetterS4

Slow little V6
Established Member
Nice runs. The ISF is quick for what it is. I had the opportunity to test drive one of them and it pulled pretty good from a low roll up to 120. What really surprised me the most was how well the exhaust sounded on the car. I was expected some ricey, but it sounded like a american V8 in there.

why would it sound ricey? Because it's japanese? :dw::rollseyes Typical .....Pull your head out of your closed minded rear

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread