My 03 Whipple E85 Cobra vs '16 Whipple GT

jblood37

Established Member
Hopefully my mods show up in my sig, but my major mods are E85 fuel system and 2.9 Whipple. My buddy's car major mod is a 2.9 Whipple as well. My car is a stick, his is auto. I had been looking forward to these races for a while now. We finally got a chance today. We did 3 pulls pretty much back to back from a 40 roll. First pull I hit it and he just faded in my mirror. He said it scared him so bad because it was so damn loud that it caused him to shift from 2nd to 3rd on his paddle shifter hahaha. 2nd pull I missed shift from 2nd to 3rd and shut it down. Last race we both hit and I spun just a bit, enough to where he got about a car ahead of me. I started pulling him fairly quickly though then shifted to 3rd. At the shift I dropped back just a bit then started pulling again. Same thing happened when I shifted to 4th. I just knew I was about to catch him by the end of 4th, but he shut down at 120. I wanted 140. At that time he was about half a car ahead of me, but i was pulling. His car really surprised me with how will it hooked. He is running Nitto 555R and I'm running MT ET Streets. I figured he would just burn his tires off. Ford must have done much better with the new irs. I think our cars are almost dead even. I missed the hit just a bit on the 3rd race bc I was having to look behind the passenger seat to see him counting to three with his fingers bc we couldn't hear the honks lol. I think we may try it again next week with a new way to countdown or something. Looking almost backward to see him count down freaks me out a little. Anyhow these new Mustangs don't seem like they need much more than boost to be competitive. I'm impressed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jblood37

Established Member
I'll make sure we both have an extra person in the car next time so I can get video. I definitely would like to know if he pulled so quick out of the gate bc I spun or bc I missed the hit. It was too hard to tell.

jblood37

Established Member
Exactly. Totally different watching it on YouTube vs driving. I don't mind losing I just want to know it was bc his car is faster not bc I missed the hit.

jblood37

Established Member
713hp/678tq I think my car may have been heat soaked. Trying again Thursday. Hope to get some video.

jblood37

Established Member
We still haven't been able to hook up. As soon as it goes down I'll post the vid here!

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
You can't post vids here but I'd love to see that. Post in the Video and Media Buffet section

Users who are viewing this thread