My 03 HD has 195k miles on it and

hotcobra03

Established Member
park the truck and drive that cobra.....lol

maybe some wd-40...and pray

our 03 cobra just passed 300k glad to see another blown engine last....

i only use castrol gtx and stp oil treatment...7qts total...no leaks,taps,smoke,

hotcobra03

Established Member
The truck is at 200k now and I pulled the plugs. That praying tip sure must have worked because not one striped. All the plugs looked real good except they had a gap of about .090”. I was tempted to reuse them but I went ahead and bought new ones and gaped them at .040”. I also changed the fluids in the radiator, trans, differential, engine and even the power steering. It runs like new now with much better acceleration (plug gap) and it is much quieter. I think the power steering fluid was bad and made a bunch of noise. I am stoked; I think the truck is ready for another 100k miles.[/quote

i just did the coils on mine,,,was starting to run alittle rough,,,dude it was a night/day difference as to pedal responce...coils arent cheap,,i went with ford racing set thru tousley 225 shipped to door..

i didnt have any codes as to a bad coil

hope you get another 100k

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
park the truck and drive that cobra.....lol

maybe some wd-40...and pray

our 03 cobra just passed 300k glad to see another blown engine last....

i only use castrol gtx and stp oil treatment...7qts total...no leaks,taps,smoke,

Holy crap how many miles do you drive a day?

Aaron,

Do them when the engine is STONE cold. As in a FULL DAY and night of cooling off. Spray some liquid wrench or WD-40 down the holes and let it soak for an hour. When you are rotating make sure you are providing smooth even torque and ONLY rotational force. Don't let the side of the extension touch the valve cover. Think "Operation" when you're a kid.

I just did a set of plugs on a 98' 5.4 Wasn't to bad but defiantly have your children or friends children with small hands on stand by to grab things that get dropped.

Last edited:

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
my friend just bought an 02 HD. We pulled the supercharger this past weekend, filled the silencer holes and changed the plugs while at it. It has 70k on the clock and sure enough they were the original plugs. They almost looked brand new! The plenum, charger, and intercooler were quite a different story though. Jeez was it gunked up.

c6e4d10d-4d11-b812.jpg

c6e4d10d-4d2c-f390.jpg

Cleaned:

c6e4d10d-4d4a-e598.jpg

c6e4d10d-4d63-21c3.jpg

Def some benefit to be had from an oil separator on each side of the valve covers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread