My 01' Cobra dies when coming to a stop, occasionally, HELP!

Snake Eyez

Established Member
Here's the problem. The first night I took the car home, I was in second gear and slowing down to make a turn onto my street, I pushed in the clutch and the car died, no more power brakes or steering. Not a good thing. So I told my dealer about this and he said that the car is just new and it'll go away with time. I don't know about you, but I've never had a new car do this before, and I've had 4 in the last 4 years. OK, so I chalk it up to a one time problem. Then it happens again, same situation, only this time I'm coming up to a stoplight and my GF is in the car, so I have someone to attest that I'm not crazy. Well, it happened again this morning, coming up to a stoplight to make a turn. Now it's starting to piss me off. :fm: I paid a lot of money for this car, and I know this is not right.

Has anyone else had this problem, or heard of this problem? :-? Anyone have any idea what it could be, or how to fix it. I know that the dealer won't be able to duplicate this since it just kinda happens sporadically. It doesn't matter whether the AC is on or off, it happens both ways. I have right around 2900 miles on the car nad it is 2 months old. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Mine did the same thing just after I insatlled a BBK cai 3-4 times. I ordered a JMS chip and it hasn't did it since. I'd checked for vacuum leaks.

Users who are viewing this thread