MW 2012 Question thread

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Just a couple questions for the upcpming 2012 MW.

1. When will the event schedule be posted? Yes I know it's VERY early to ask this, but I am excited bc my wife couldn't take vacation for the 2011 week, and we are both off for 2012. I'm already getting a tad excited.

2. Looking for a NICE hotel, with decent parking that is friendly to a LOWERED Cobra, and is also relatively close to a majority of the events, or should I look at possibly getting a house to rent?

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to 2012!

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
According to the Mustang Week website, it is July 16-22. They pretty much follow the same daily schedule every year, with only some time changes sometimes. Here's how the schedule has always been since the according event was introduced:

Tuesday the 17th would be the Meet & Greet
Wednesday the 18th would be the Speedway Fun Runs, AutoX, & SVTP Burnout Competition
Thursday the 19th would be the Darlington Drag Night
Friday the 20th would be the Car Show at the Mall
(Friday Night is also when the Unofficial Blvd Cruise is as well)
Saturday the 21st would be the Cruise In.

Having said all of that... Monday the 16th is now an official event day, so who knows how they'll shake up the schedule? Due to the venues' availabilities, I can't imagine the Speedway day, the Darlington day, or either the Car show OR Cruise In changing days. So will they add an event for Monday, or will they move the Meet & Green to Monday and add the new event to Tuesday?

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'll be there.

Obviously haha.

Second note..... If you get a hotel with a multi-floor parking garage be careful. I ended up tearing a cat converter and high centering going up floors. Trust me you end up looking like a fool when your burning tire to try and rock the car off the damn ramp peak...thank god for subframe connectors lol

snkchmr 1

The events will pretty much mirror the 2011 event with a move on Tuesday night to be announced soon.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Seeing how he lives like a min off 17 near the bar we had the Party like a rock star night I would say he is staying at his house lol. I would only personally get a house if you had a good group of people you can trust. I usually stay on ocean blvd on the water but it's getting to expensive to do that. I think I may either get a house with some good friends or get a place off the strip for less money. The 1000 mile drive sucks up some gas money so a cheaper place to stay is key.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Renting a house with some friends is definitely a much cheaper route than getting a hotel. You are exactly correct though... make sure it's with people you trust and aren't shitheads. If you can get with good people and rent a house, you can't beat having your own private parking, your own water hose, and quicker access to grocery & liquor stores. Most places down there rent the houses for 7 days at a time, which is fine by us. By the time we split it up, we usually pay $200-$300 per person. And that gets you SEVEN DAYS. You can't split up a hotel room between 2 people and get three nights for that kinda money. BUT it takes about 6+ people to get it that cheap, depending on the size of the house.

Garden City Vacation Rentals | Surfside Beach Rentals | Myrtle Beach Rentals - South Carolina
Myrtle Beach Rentals | Garden City Rentals | Surfside Beach Rentals | Dunes Realty

We have rented from both of these companies, and had outstanding experience with each of them.

silver03svt

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. 2001Bullitt, you make that trip all in one day, or stop overnight anywhere?

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
One straight trip with 4-5 gas stops. It gets tiring especially when the wife can't drive a stick so I have to muscle it the whole way. I may pull over if its really late and grab an hour or 2 of sleep in the car but that's it.

03' White Snake

Established Member
One straight trip with 4-5 gas stops. It gets tiring especially when the wife can't drive a stick so I have to muscle it the whole way. I may pull over if its really late and grab an hour or 2 of sleep in the car but that's it.

Straight through. :beer:

silver03svt

Established Member
We may hafta make plans then to cruise down together. Im just north of Richmond right on 95. About 6 miles from the Bass Pro Shop of Exit 89 in VA.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Doug, my wife and I started making plans earlier this week. We will have a beachfront house and be there Sat-Sat.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Straight through. :beer:

Yah I won't forget my easy pass this time....lol

We may hafta make plans then to cruise down together. Im just north of Richmond right on 95. About 6 miles from the Bass Pro Shop of Exit 89 in VA.

I cruised the whole way home with the Chris... (03 White Snake) It's more interesting driving with someone, keeps your mind off the drive and seemed to be less tiring for some reason lol

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
It's more interesting driving with someone, keeps your mind off the drive and seemed to be less tiring for some reason lol

I agree... if you have a convoy, getting there is half the fun of the whole trip!!!

Here's our 2007 convoy:
17047_599717414753_42208716_34577162_7248219_n.jpg

Last edited:

redrockett

Established Member
I agree... if you have a convoy, getting there is half the fun of the whole trip!!!

Here's our 2007 convoy:
17047_599717414753_42208716_34577162_7248219_n.jpg

I came across this today and that pic was taken in Randleman, NC? My house is about 3 miles from where you took that. Hate I missed you guys cruising through. See ya'll at MW 2012 to make 8 years straight.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I came across this today and that pic was taken in Randleman, NC? My house is about 3 miles from where you took that. Hate I missed you guys cruising through. See ya'll at MW 2012 to make 8 years straight.

YESSIR! For a few years, making a pit stop at Randleman was kinda one of our traditions. But now that they've finished US 316(?) through there, I think it puts us on 220 a few miles south of Randleman?

Users who are viewing this thread