mustang wheels on a lancer evolution?

bubbrubb

Hey guys, just wondering if you could help a friend and I clarify something.

I know the 03 lancer evolution has the same bolt pattern as my 03 cobra, but we were wondering if the wheels would be able to be run (safely!) from a cobra onto a evo. I'm specifically curious about the lug nuts and the bolt length and the differences between them. I know the wheels will clear the brakes and everything, because we test fit them on the car tonight, and aside from the larger diameter tire, everything fit perfectly.

Thanks for your help, and here is a link to the pictures I posted on here.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=499616

Bo

grendel

Established Member
i think you answered your own question, the offsets might not be right but it looks like they will be close. as long as the lugnut can go on 10 threads or so it should be fine. now me recomending it would be a different thing

bubbrubb

I guess some people run cobra R rims on their evos for track days, so I suppose its possible that this really is a good fit.

would my friend have to buy different lug nuts to make it fit the mustang style lug nuts?

I noticed that his looked like they had a big washer on them. IDK what the style the evo uses is, but I know the 10th wheels were designed for a 1/2" acorn style lug nut.

bubbrubb

I guess some people run cobra R rims on their evos for track days, so I suppose its possible that this really is a good fit.

would my friend have to buy different lug nuts to make it fit the mustang style lug nuts?

I noticed that his looked like they had a big washer on them. IDK what the style the evo uses is, but I know the 10th wheels were designed for a 1/2" acorn style lug nut.

bump for an answer?

Users who are viewing this thread