stylin99

Established Member
Finally! We've put off being a vendor at this event in the past due to the extreme heat. This might get a few new vendors on board next year, especially if there are indoor spots at the convention center, which brings in more revenue for the event, and keeps everybody more involved.

Blackness03

Established Member
I LOVE the idea of moving it to September. This will thin out the MiniVan crowd and the crying kids who finger print the 2016 GT 350's. Gives the mall their parking back so people can patronize the businesses. If you LOVE Mustang Week you will make a way!

This! I love the idea of it being in September. Plus being around Labor Day means I'm already off work Monday. Next year I should actually be able to walk around the car show more without the extreme heat. If you love mustang week, you'll find a way to go even if it's just for the weekend. But a lot of people either want the whole week or not at all. Thursday-Sunday is still a great time. September is perfect. Cheaper hotels, less heat, less kids running like animals around the pools. I love it. And honestly I feel like it was getting too big. This should tone it down to where it's more enjoyable

C0bra_M3nace

Cobra Fanatic
Established Member
I don't agree with this. Yes it will cut down on the minivan crowds and the tourists in the heat of the summer but it will also cut down on attendance by fellow Mustang owners. The month of July is a vacation month where people can take off more then in September. I'm afraid it will cut down attendance a lot. A lot of the attendees are college kids, like myself. Are we supposed to miss a whole week of college for this? It's just not worth it. So essentially the Mustang Week staff is killing the crowd that will try to promote it in the future. You can't carry on a show if you kill the successors out.

Also, I thought there was discussion about moving the show and cruise-in to the HUGE parking lot where there used to be a mall? Did that fall through?

I hope they reconsider.

jcf69

Established Member
So much for the perfect family vacation, mustang week please reconsider lots of kids will be sad

Bigdaddy1965

Horrible, with School age kids this is not doable, also a college football season ticket holder this is the first week of the college football season. We will not be back as long as held the first week of September!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's def going to be interesting how the change in dates and locations effects the crowd.

The change had to be made. The event had outgrown the curent venues a couple years ago. Unfortunately, most people don't understand the realities of putting on an event such as MW. You can't simply just move it anywhere. There are very few facilities that can support the crowd and even fewer that are actually available for use.

C0bra_M3nace

Cobra Fanatic
Established Member
Well, according to the Mustang Week staff it was moved to a different location because in 2017 the Myrtle Beach Mall is going to have renovations over the course of the summer. They weren't able to move it to the Old Myrtle Beach mall location because of all the idiots doing illegal things the past Mustang Weeks which were captured and put onto Youtube for the world to see. So the Mustang Week staff couldn't move it there. If the Mustang Week staff kept it in July, they would have to locate it to undesirable locations and who knows who would be able to show up or for that matter, even enter?

So the last option for the Mustang Week staff was to move it to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center but the problem is that the Convention Center is booked from April to August for about the next five years. It was finally concluded that the best option was to have it in September of 2017. (This can all be found on Instagram)

Hopefully after the 2017 renovations, the Mustang Staff will be able to relocate back to the mall in July of 2018. Maybe relocate it to Conway or Charleston? Just my thoughts.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Well, according to the Mustang Week staff it was moved to a different location because in 2017 the Myrtle Beach Mall is going to have renovations over the course of the summer. They weren't able to move it to the Old Myrtle Beach mall location because of all the idiots doing illegal things the past Mustang Weeks which were captured and put onto Youtube for the world to see. So the Mustang Week staff couldn't move it there. If the Mustang Week staff kept it in July, they would have to locate it to undesirable locations and who knows who would be able to show up or for that matter, even enter?

So the last option for the Mustang Week staff was to move it to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center but the problem is that the Convention Center is booked from April to August for about the next five years. It was finally concluded that the best option was to have it in September of 2017. (This can all be found on Instagram)

Hopefully after the 2017 renovations, the Mustang Staff will be able to relocate back to the mall in July of 2018. Maybe relocate it to Conway or Charleston? Just my thoughts.

Conway would be terrible for MW. Charleston is a beautiful place, but does not lend itself to an event like MW.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
I will be coming down in the Boss! Attendance will most likely be cut by a third though because it is not during the summer. The new dates should be cooler though.

TGR96

Established Member
Put me in the camp that LOVES the new dates! I don't have kids' schedules to work around, so it works out awesome for me and my wife.

I am also interested in seeing how this will affect the turnout. I am sure there will be no shortage of cool, beautiful Mustangs.

wcdknows

Established Member
Are there usually a good selection of cars for sale at this event? I'm looking at waiting to buy a 12 with glass top, and thinking my best bet would be finding one at this show.

Saleen281sc

I've got a Cobra,too
Established Member
So the last option for the Mustang Week staff was to move it to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center but the problem is that the Convention Center is booked from April to August for about the next five years. It was finally concluded that the best option was to have it in September of 2017

I believe that was the only timeframe the City of MB would give because of the number of tourists in July and the bad apples that spoiled it for everyone by speeding and hot-rodding all over the Strand.

I don't agree with the MBCC, but for a resident Sept is a better time to enjoy the Mustangs, especially since the Convention Center will be much easier to to access.

Users who are viewing this thread