Mustang Mach E: The Edsel of our generation

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Fellas, fellas, fellas. Please actually read the actual sentences I wrote before word vomiting a response to things I didn't say. It's crazy to me that people will quote a post, and then respond with a bunch of words to things that aren't in that post. Gotta divorce yourself from the politics of this stuff. Don't get mad at me, I'm not a Mach E. :ROFLMAO:

I thought I made it pretty clear that I don't own a Mach E when I said "I'm constantly borrowing a Mach E from a business partner" and "I'm definitely gonna try and get one at some point." I have 6 cars, none of which are a BEV, but I wish at least 1 was!

And yes, I hate driving the F-350. Love that I can tow shit with it (which is what it's for) but I can't imagine a worse vehicle to have to drive on a regular basis, unless you might prefer an actual buckboard wagon.

If you really wanna be annoyed, you know what I think is even better than driving the Mach E in the situation I described? Driving the Lightning! Buddy has one of those too we use to commute between facilities. **** that thing is awesome. Fast as hell and as quiet as a Rolls Royce. Funny when you forget how quick the thing is and absolutely fling ahead of traffic when passing.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Fellas, fellas, fellas. Please actually read the actual sentences I wrote before word vomiting a response to things I didn't say. It's crazy to me that people will quote a post, and then respond with a bunch of words to things that aren't in that post. Gotta divorce yourself from the politics of this stuff. Don't get mad at me, I'm not a Mach E. :ROFLMAO:

I thought I made it pretty clear that I don't own a Mach E when I said "I'm constantly borrowing a Mach E from a business partner" and "I'm definitely gonna try and get one at some point." I have 6 cars, none of which are a BEV, but I wish at least 1 was!

And yes, I hate driving the F-350. Love that I can tow shit with it (which is what it's for) but I can't imagine a worse vehicle to have to drive on a regular basis, unless you might prefer an actual buckboard wagon.

If you really wanna be annoyed, you know what I think is even better than driving the Mach E in the situation I described? Driving the Lightning! Buddy has one of those too we use to commute between facilities. **** that thing is awesome. Fast as hell and as quiet as a Rolls Royce. Funny when you forget how quick the thing is and absolutely fling ahead of traffic when passing.
What year is your F350? Whose mad? We just pointed out some of your nonsense - especially the collecting energy garbage. Also do you borrow your business partners dress and high heels when you take out the new mustang?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

The new lightning is awesome?

lmao.. this is a solid annoucment to those who used to listen to you to never take anything you say serious ever again.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
It’s a 2021 King Ranch. Obviously you homie. I say I like driving a certain car and you’re asking me about dresses and high heels. Chill out. Relax. They are inanimate objects.

I even put situational qualifiers on why I think Mach E is particularly useful for me. I’ve got heavy power at both my buildings so charging quickly is super easy. Want.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
The new lightning is awesome?

lmao.. this is a solid annoucment to those who used to listen to you to never take anything you say serious ever again.
Oh dude it’s the best DD. My only problem with it is the price.

You didn’t like driving one?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh dude it’s the best DD. My only problem with it is the price.

You didn’t like driving one?

I can see the argument for the lightning (or any ev) as a commuter. But then the argument becomes, why drive a truck at all as a dd (to your larger point about the f350). If I want a pure dd, it sure as hell isn't a truck.

Pivoting to true truck use -- the lightning is SHIT truck when used as such. Towing? Fuggetaboutit. Really not much argument in that realm.

So if it's not the best DD, and it's not a good truck -- WTF is it good for?

What it IS, is a massive compromise in truck duty and a massive compromise in commuter duty at the expense of virtue signaling and pleasing the loony left wing -- which, sadly, Ford is getting real good at.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like a great business to be in. They only lost $900mm on it last year. The more they produce the more they lose. LMFAO.
1679575877885.png

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah that's kinda ugly. I'd still think Rivian "pulls the plug" before Ford does. Hundred bucks to SVTP?

You are on. Mach E will be phased out by 2026.

Separately it is LOL that they issued a big press release last quarter about how it is a global car which turns out to mean they sold a single unit in Columbia.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
My wife bought a new Subaru last night and I tagged along to the dealer. I asked the sales guy about their EV. They have only sold three, one of which was returned and is now sitting on the lot as used.

LMFAO

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The coasts are going to continue to gobble this EV trash up.... Remainder of the country? Nope.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
People don’t want this garbage. Man Dodge is going to get absolutely slaughtered. Maybe if they throw in a free case of bud light and a Fox News subscription they can sell more of these?

It’s ok tax payers will bail em out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Oof.

"In a press release in March, Ford stated that it would reach an annualised production rate of 210,000 Mach-Es by the end of 2023. At an annualised rate the May sales figures mean Ford is currently selling just 35,000 units of the Mach-E per year or just 17% of the company’s 2023 annual production target"

Users who are viewing this thread