Mustang Mach E: The Edsel of our generation

OX1

Established Member
At least someone can dig up something that's really wrong with the Mach-E. Don't forget the HVBJB that eventually fails on every GT version.

Thought that was kind of comical, especially the one guy that hit the garage door opener after the hatch opened, and then the Mach and garage door became "one".

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Jan 4, 2023:

Tesla mobile Supercharger with Megapack caught on fire

D377A309-EDF0-431F-8694-B56C9826ADE0.jpeg

It’s a trailer fitted with a Megapack, Tesla’s biggest stationary energy storage system, and a bunch of Superchargers.

The result is a mobile Supercharger station that Tesla can bring to Supercharger stations when more capacity is needed – especially during holidays.

Source:

Couple questions:
*Since this charging station is now a toxic waste site, did all the "bricked" coal burning lady shavers have to use diesel flatbeds to be transported to the nearest charging station?
* How long did that take?
*Who picks up the tab to clean-up this toxic waste site?
* Where are these hazardous chemicals being disposed?

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Bottom literally falling out of the Tesla market. I am sure that this will be totally isolated and will not effect the Mach E market.

FmZSlouXkAANaRD
That new Tesla drop is going to hurt a lot of this stuff. LMAO. Everyone, especially those who bought in the last few months blaming Elon. Seems to me he is just following the government rule changes to make his product more marketable.

robvas

Established Member
Same 1/4 mile time and trap as a 392 Wrangler....

PERFORMANCE

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Tesla cuts prices for 2nd time in 3 months. The Mach is an objectively inferior product that is significantly more expensive on a relative basis.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Tesla cuts prices for 2nd time in 3 months. The Mach is an objectively inferior product that is significantly more expensive on a relative basis.

Ford said to offer discounts on Mustang Mach-E electric SUVs in China until end of April​

Mar. 08, 2023 6:31 AM ETFord Motor Company (F)TSLABy: Niloofer Shaikh, SA News Editor2 Comments

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT on a street

Tramino/iStock Unreleased via Getty Images

• Ford Motors (NYSE:F) is offering a discount of 40,000 yuan ($5,744.16) for its Mustang Mach-E electric SUVs in China, reported Reuters on Wednesday.
  • After the discount, Mustang Mach-E cars are now available at prices starting at 209,900 yuan in China.
  • The buyers can avail offers until the end of April.
  • In January, the Detroit automaker had slashed Mach-E prices by as much as $5,900 in the U.S. market following rival Tesla (TSLA) price reduction on the Model Y.
  • The automaker announced in November to boost Mustang Mach-E production to achieve global output of 270,000 by the end of 2023.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

So, if you're like many EV buyers that try and hate EV's and head on down to trade it in for an ICE. Yowser, you are not gonna like the offer, and all the flippers committing Seppuku.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
This shit is amusing. I totally do not understand the reason they called the thing a Mustang, but it's a ****in GREAT daily driver. ****er drives great, like really, it's actually fun to drive, it's fast, looks good, dumb name.

All this electric shit is a total pain in the ass if you have to drive extra long distances on the regular, but I'm constantly borrowing a Mach E from a business partner when driving out to a facility we own that is ~110 miles away. Drive 110 miles, plug in, work, drive back 110 miles back. Not exactly close, can't imagine a lotta people drive over 200 miles a day, and frequently done in sub-freezing temps. It's a whole shitload nicer of a drive than doing it in the F-350 or Bronco. The same drive out there in the F-350 is absolute misery. There's also something to be said for avoiding gas stations. I don't really care if it's electric or ICE: I would pay a significant premium to avoid dragging my ass out of the car 2x a week in winter to accumulate energy.

I thought the whole Mach E thing was bizarre from the start but I'm a ****in full on convert for this thing as a DD. I'm definitely gonna try and get one at some point. Makes my regular ICE mid-size SUV feel ancient. When I want to drive raucous shit that makes a lotta noise I have other things for that.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
This shit is amusing. I totally do not understand the reason they called the thing a Mustang, but it's a ****in GREAT daily driver. ****er drives great, like really, it's actually fun to drive, it's fast, looks good, dumb name.

All this electric shit is a total pain in the ass if you have to drive extra long distances on the regular, but I'm constantly borrowing a Mach E from a business partner when driving out to a facility we own that is ~110 miles away. Drive 110 miles, plug in, work, drive back 110 miles back. Not exactly close, can't imagine a lotta people drive over 200 miles a day, and frequently done in sub-freezing temps. It's a whole shitload nicer of a drive than doing it in the F-350 or Bronco. The same drive out there in the F-350 is absolute misery. There's also something to be said for avoiding gas stations. I don't really care if it's electric or ICE: I would pay a significant premium to avoid dragging my ass out of the car 2x a week in winter to accumulate energy.

I thought the whole Mach E thing was bizarre from the start but I'm a ****in full on convert for this thing as a DD. I'm definitely gonna try and get one at some point. Makes my regular ICE mid-size SUV feel ancient. When I want to drive raucous shit that makes a lotta noise I have other things for that.
LOL. Ya sitting up high in my captain chairs in my F350 on the highway is complete misery. In a couple years with that car as a DD you are going to have to go on a major expedition to accumulate energy - like $30,000 in energy! My guess is the ev will be headed to the dumpster while you dust off the ancient tech to get you around again. The horror of the gas station lol. At least I don't need to tether my vehicle to my house every night. Seems like more of a nightmare to me anyway, but hey, you do you.

OX1

Established Member

So you keep that un-put-out-able fire trap in a garage inside your house? I wouldn't. My DD is outside, under a 3 sided canopy anyway (the nice cars are in the house garage). SO, that means I'd have to "drag my ass outside in winter" more than 2 X's per week.

It would be an extra time outside, EVERY time I go anywhere. Unless your life is so sad and regimented you know for sure, every time you come home, if you are going back out again or not.

If not, then you have to plug in every time you come home (just in case). HAVE to keep it charged (not 100%, bad for battery), to 80% at least. And of course you plug in your phone EVERY night, NEVER forget?? BS, you will be out there @ 11PM in that snowstorm plugging that crap in, as you forgot OR thought you were going out again and would plug it in after that trip.

Or worse yet, you did forget ONE time per winter to charge, now you have to sit in a cold car for hours somewhere to charge up, spending more time in one charge than I spend the entire winter getting gas.

TORQUERULES

Established Member

Agreed. My wife is in love with the VW iD Buzz (a resurrected VW bus that is electric) that has yet to come here and is looking to be as expensive as a Model Y Performance with less than half the HP. I told her if she wants electric it better be fast and that is the final word. I am trying to convince her to stay ICE, but millennial... Lol. Love her and she's hot as hell, but the brainwashing...

Users who are viewing this thread