Mustang Mach E: The Edsel of our generation

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
I have a super long, very regimented commute so I bought a Mach E GT last month. My plan is to put probably 40-50k miles a year on it and see how long it will last.

To be honest, I ****ing love the car. I've put 4,000 miles on it in just over a month and I would say roughly 80% of that is using BlueCruise on the interstate, hands off. The hands-free really helps with the monotony of 200 miles a day. Have a 90 amp charger installed at the office, so it's fully charged when I leave at the end of the day. I haven't bothered to install a faster charger at home because the 110v is enough to get me back. No more gas stations. Shit charges at the office and is part of the corporate utility expenses. For what I use it for, I'm really happy with it.

The good is that the car drives really nice, and it's got a really nice interior. It's also pretty fast. That BlueCruise shit is shockingly better than I would have thought. I actually use the automatic lane change constantly. Ford also had a big discount on it and was offering 0% interest for 60 months when I got it.

The bad is that I would never buy anything but a Tesla if I had to rely on a public charging network. It's hilariously unreliable. Every single brand sucks. I've stopped a couple times to check public chargers and they are almost always 50/50 operational at best. I would say MAYBE we're 15 years away from any kind of usable public charging situation, but at this point I would say it's more likely never. The car is also way too expensive. I say that, but then I think about what else is available at the same price and the fact is all new cars are super overpriced.

I honestly think they would have sold way more if they had called it literally anything else. I think the car is pretty good looking but if looked exactly the same and was called Model E and just marketed as a sporty electric SUV they would have sold more. I doubt anyone was enticed by the Mustang name and I'm sure some buyers skipped it on the basis that the name is nonsensical.

I also traded in my Bronco Badlands for a Bronco Raptor a couple weeks before I got the Mach E so when I want to get 12 mpg in an SUV I still can. I tell people all the time, on the basis of what car I actually get the maximum enjoyment out of, Bronco with the doors and roof off beats the shit out of everything else. Different tools for different jobs.
Blue cruise is garbage. You need to jerk off the wheel every 30 seconds or it turns the radio off lol. I guess if jerking is your thing it would be ok?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I understand what the marketing team is thinking, doesn't mean they're right though. It's a computer that runs on batteries...letters and numbers are a better fit than the blasphemous use of the names of classics
Ford doesn't care if boomers cry about the name. Sorry pal

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Blue cruise is garbage. You need to jerk off the wheel every 30 seconds or it turns the radio off lol. I guess if jerking is your thing it would be ok?

In a development that is no way surprising, you actually don't know what BlueCruise is. BlueCruise is completely hands off. You're probably attempting to think of what's referred to as the "lane-keeping system" most cars have. Every day, I get on the interstate and for just under 60 miles 1 way, I only have to touch the steering wheel once, through a bend in the interstate that is currently deemed too sharp for the system to do on its own.

Alas, I am sure having the ability to have the car handle the boring slog of a daily interstate commute is, for you, undesirable and a problem.

OX1

Established Member

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
A friend of mine from church bought this stupid car and tries to haggle me about joining a Mustang club, being Mustang bros…etc etc…meeting at car shows…he says it all in jest to rile me up, which he does but I try to go along with the joke…Man I hate this freaking car and I hate they called it a Mustang.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
A friend of mine from church bought this stupid car and tries to haggle me about joining a Mustang club, being Mustang bros…etc etc…meeting at car shows…he says it all in jest to rile me up, which he does but I try to go along with the joke…Man I hate this freaking car and I hate they called it a Mustang.

This is how you participate in that conversation.

Fat Boss

Established Member

PO-four-more-years-button_busy_beaver_button_museum[1].png

Users who are viewing this thread