L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
9d3896c9d29c8bd7099871b670fccaab.gif

Sent from my Note9

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
You literally made my point even better. If you dont need to tow anything then you dont need an F250. If you want a mall cruiser that will wallop cars/trucks from stoplight to stoplight while carrying your family this fits the bill perfectly.

Comparing an F250 to an electric performance SUV doesnt work. Those buying an electric performance SUV arent looking to tow 15k lbs. They want something fast, trendy and have the ability to carry people/cargo. And to make an F250 anywhere close to the performance of this SUV would take a significant cost into a build along with all the headaches associated.

Your comparison take two demographics for these vehicles. Same exact reason why the Nissan Rogue sells like hotcakes yet it cant tow, has a shitty transmission and ZERO performance potential. The people buying Rogues in droves are the ones who want a people mover that gets good mileage and has features. They could care less about performance or towing anything. They hop in, turn it on, turn on the heated seats and head to the mall.

It seems adding the Mustang name made people hate the idea versus just hating the name. I hate the name too but these electric cars are stupid fast and with a proper charging network makes them extremely viable for day to day and even medium length road trips.

I think people buy the rogue because it’s a 20k throw away car. A 50k plus car is in a completely different category of buyer.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
You literally made my point even better. If you dont need to tow anything then you dont need an F250. If you want a mall cruiser that will wallop cars/trucks from stoplight to stoplight while carrying your family this fits the bill perfectly.

Comparing an F250 to an electric performance SUV doesnt work. Those buying an electric performance SUV arent looking to tow 15k lbs. They want something fast, trendy and have the ability to carry people/cargo. And to make an F250 anywhere close to the performance of this SUV would take a significant cost into a build along with all the headaches associated.

Your comparison take two demographics for these vehicles. Same exact reason why the Nissan Rogue sells like hotcakes yet it cant tow, has a shitty transmission and ZERO performance potential. The people buying Rogues in droves are the ones who want a people mover that gets good mileage and has features. They could care less about performance or towing anything. They hop in, turn it on, turn on the heated seats and head to the mall.

It seems adding the Mustang name made people hate the idea versus just hating the name. I hate the name too but these electric cars are stupid fast and with a proper charging network makes them extremely viable for day to day and even medium length road trips.
I can speak on this because Im currently shopping a $50K vehicle. Wife and I either spend $50k on this Mach-E, that can not do anything substantial except gap a few people on the freeway, maybe and get things from the mall and maybe road trip a few hours away. Versus $50k on a vehicle that can do many things well and go as far as I can keep putting in diesel and DEF. With a tune its putting out nearly 1K torque at the wheels.

Sure, I wont be getting leather or Nav or any of the other gimmicky crap, but thats a hell of lot more vehicle for a family than a halfassed attempt all electric Mustang SUV.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I think people buy the rogue because it’s a 20k throw away car. A 50k plus car is in a completely different category of buyer.

You know the Rogue can be optioned to right at $40k.....

You are probably under the assumption that i bought my Fiesta ST for under $20k cause its disposable? How about a $40k SVT Cobra? Is that disposable also?

When i bought my 2002 Lightning it was $25k, so i guess that was a disposable pickup truck? But wait! I now own a Chevy Colorado diesel that has an MSRP of over $40,000 but i paid $35,500 for it. So does that put it in the disposable category or is that close enough to $50,000 to make it a keeper?

Your rationale of thinking is absolutely baffling.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I can speak on this because Im currently shopping a $50K vehicle. Wife and I either spend $50k on this Mach-E, that can not do anything substantial except gap a few people on the freeway, maybe and get things from the mall and maybe road trip a few hours away. Versus $50k on a vehicle that can do many things well and go as far as I can keep putting in diesel and DEF. With a tune its putting out nearly 1K torque at the wheels.

Sure, I wont be getting leather or Nav or any of the other gimmicky crap, but thats a hell of lot more vehicle for a family than a halfassed attempt all electric Mustang SUV.

You are shopping vehicles specifically in the $50k range? Or are you shopping for a certain type of vehicle that you have a requirement that must be able to travel long distances?

For $50,000 there are a plethora of other vehicles that do everything better than an F250 and a Mach-e? What is your point? Again, you are cross shopping two completely different vehicles.

For $50,000 buy an Explorer ST. Faster than an F250 tuned to the moon. Can tow a 5000lb trailer. Seating for 7. Long haul cruiser. Not as fast as the Mach-E but has more cargo room, range and towing.

There is an ass for every seat and i think a ton of people are missing the point.

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
You are shopping vehicles specifically in the $50k range? Or are you shopping for a certain type of vehicle that you have a requirement that must be able to travel long distances?

For $50,000 there are a plethora of other vehicles that do everything better than an F250 and a Mach-e? What is your point? Again, you are cross shopping two completely different vehicles.

For $50,000 buy an Explorer ST. Faster than an F250 tuned to the moon. Can tow a 5000lb trailer. Seating for 7. Long haul cruiser. Not as fast as the Mach-E but has more cargo room, range and towing.

There is an ass for every seat and i think a ton of people are missing the point.
Me specifically yes, a Super Duty. Explorer ST is a better Apples to Apples comparison, I agree with you. Both SD and Explorer ST, etc provide a certifiable metric shit-ton better value for that $50k. And thats my core point. VALUE

Ford is spending A LOT of money to bring this out to capture a VERY small segment of the buying public. That segment is a person who wants specifically an all electric car, that isnt beholden to Tesla and cant afford an e-tron or Porsche all-electric. That demographic instantly handicaps this Mustang Mach-E. Someone who is only choosing between this and that small handful of cars dooms it from really making inroads with the general public. For 99% of the buying public, this Mach-E has zero value.

I get that Ford is trying to cash in on the Mustang brand, but THIS is not how they should have done it. It SHOULD have been an all electric performance minded Mustang. Better yet, it should have been a Mustang GT hybrid nameplate that eventually branches out to all-electric. Once Ford captures enough people that believe in FoMoCo's ability to produce a quality all-electric, then a stand alone Mach-E would have been more feasable. I think a lot of people looking at pony/muscle cars would take a look at a Performance Hybrid Mustang GT.

I just dont think that the market is mature for this particular stand-alone car. Its ground-up engineered as all electric. I doubt it could be retrofit as a gas/hybrid in the future if what Im reading is correct.

Poor value.

My94GT

Established Member
Me specifically yes, a Super Duty. Explorer ST is a better Apples to Apples comparison, I agree with you. Both SD and Explorer ST, etc provide a certifiable metric shit-ton better value for that $50k. And thats my core point. VALUE

Ford is spending A LOT of money to bring this out to capture a VERY small segment of the buying public. That segment is a person who wants specifically an all electric car, that isnt beholden to Tesla and cant afford an e-tron or Porsche all-electric. That demographic instantly handicaps this Mustang Mach-E. Someone who is only choosing between this and that small handful of cars dooms it from really making inroads with the general public. For 99% of the buying public, this Mach-E has zero value.

I get that Ford is trying to cash in on the Mustang brand, but THIS is not how they should have done it. It SHOULD have been an all electric performance minded Mustang. Better yet, it should have been a Mustang GT hybrid nameplate that eventually branches out to all-electric. Once Ford captures enough people that believe in FoMoCo's ability to produce a quality all-electric, then a stand alone Mach-E would have been more feasable. I think a lot of people looking at pony/muscle cars would take a look at a Performance Hybrid Mustang GT.

I just dont think that the market is mature for this particular stand-alone car. Its ground-up engineered as all electric. I doubt it could be retrofit as a gas/hybrid in the future if what Im reading is correct.

Poor value.

i think you are underestimating the size of the market for this. Basically anyone shopping for a mid size car/suv could be cross shopping one of these if they are looking for practical use and for ways to cut out fuel price.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Poor value.

100%... Ford slapping the Mustang moniker on an electric CUV is just flat out worrisome for the future of the mustang. I wouldn't care at all if it was just 'mustang inspired' and branded something else, but putting a CUV in the mustang lineup....yikes

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I don't like SUVs and I especially hate that this is called a mustang but I have a feeling it will sell.

We need to wait for specifics, but if its anything like the other fords lately it won't be available for purchase for another 4 years.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
You know the Rogue can be optioned to right at $40k.....

You are probably under the assumption that i bought my Fiesta ST for under $20k cause its disposable? How about a $40k SVT Cobra? Is that disposable also?

When i bought my 2002 Lightning it was $25k, so i guess that was a disposable pickup truck? But wait! I now own a Chevy Colorado diesel that has an MSRP of over $40,000 but i paid $35,500 for it. So does that put it in the disposable category or is that close enough to $50,000 to make it a keeper?

Your rationale of thinking is absolutely baffling.

why are you comparing car costs of 2004 to 2020?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Why am I the only person that thinks this is awesome? I think if it wasn't badged using the Mach nameplate the views on here would be completely different...Maybe if it was a Lincoln? The MPG rating on these will give Ford a lot of room to keep the mustang, with it's relatively low fuel milage, in production.

9f521fc0-fb47-11e9-99df-d99ce6403fa8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread