Mustang Hood Latch Adjustment\Modification (Hood Slam Fix)

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
I did this a while back but then my hood was sticking up too far (so I removed it). I then had a fellow cobra member share if you push your hood latch lever in after you pull it the hood will close the first time every time. After that it works every time for me

Last edited:

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
Op your are my hero !

I just installed my hood struts and thought something was wrong since closing required so much effort

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I tried this without success. I may have to try this mod again.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
did you read my post? If you push the hood latch in after you pull it to open the hood it should close the first try

Hmm ok I'll have to try that. Are you talking about the actual lever under the dash? I pretty much open the hood after every time I drive it. So I'd really like to make this work.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Hmm ok I'll have to try that. Are you talking about the actual lever under the dash? I pretty much open the hood after every time I drive it. So I'd really like to make this work.

Yes. When you pull it out to pop open the hood it doesnt go back. Just once you pull it (hood opens) push that lever back in (should go back about an inch)

BMSTNG

Established Member
Did this mod today and works perfect. All I did was take out the torx screw, loosen the 3 bolts holding the latch assembly just enough to slide a washer over the brace and tightened everything up. Had to adjust the hood stops just a little and job was done in about 15 min and works great, Thanks OP

golfer11689

Established Member
Completed this mod on my Cobra a few weeks ago and it closes much better now! However I have tried to adjust the hood stops and no matter what I do the driver side is always too high. Even with that stop all the way down and the passenger side all the way up it doesn't level out. Any ideas on what else may need to be adjusted to get them flush again???

furious465

Established Member
Completed this mod on my Cobra a few weeks ago and it closes much better now! However I have tried to adjust the hood stops and no matter what I do the driver side is always too high. Even with that stop all the way down and the passenger side all the way up it doesn't level out. Any ideas on what else may need to be adjusted to get them flush again???
The bolts to the hood hinges have some adjustability to them also, try that.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I just did this and it made a big difference. I did not mess with the latch adjustment at all, only installed the washer and adjusted the bump stops. Closes real easy now.

Nate14120

Established Member
Anybody else have one of these plates under their latch?
68ad35a8c1325372ecac31beed889ce2.jpg

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I have the same issue as golfer11689. I did this mod a while back, worked nicely but driver side corner of hood doesn't line up? Ill have to try adjusting the hood hinge?

Users who are viewing this thread